• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering link hitting diffcase when turning right?

Petrolheadz100

Besides shaving down the link is there another way to correct this turning issue on the steering link hitting the diffcase ? Redcat definately dropped the ball on this one? This cuts steering to the right by about 40% co pared to left turning. Anyone else have this issue ?

Petrolheadz100

Is the outer steering arm bent down perhaps? sometimes happens when you hit something
No the truck is new, if you look at your inner steering link and turn all the way it will hit the diff case on both sides

Phill

Unfortunately that's the way it is from the factory hence the poor turning circle.
You need to adjust your end points to stop before it hits or you'll end up frying your servo.

G-Man

Agreed with Phill. The end points need set. Another route is using the aluminum diff housings. They aren't as bulky and allow more steering range. That was the first thing I noticed when I was test fitting

Petrolheadz100

Yes before i ran the truck i always set end points....kts not a big deal i still have good steering stopping it riggt before it hits

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.