• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Starts, idles, but wont move when given throttle

chefjness

Hi Gang,

Kind of have a mystery here. On my MT it starts perfectly, idles wonderfully but when I apply throttle it goes no where. A topical exam showed nothing. When I rotate one tire they all move. I was able to grab the clutch bell and rotate that and it moved all wheels. This led me to think my clutch shoes were worn out but when I opened her up I have like 90% shoe life.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers,

John

kryptonite

does the motor really rev up or does it stumble and just go know where? check the square drive behind the brake set-up. there is a set screw right behind the gearplat on the D-shaft that comese lose. can you hold all 4 drive gears and still roll the truck?

chefjness

KILLER.....Just after I posted this..I was staring at the MT and found a missing set screw...

just like krypto thought!

Cheers,

John

chefjness

here it is....

missing grub screw.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a5f56a_missinggrubscrew.jpg.b4b01a983fce046c961a2f634986b177.jpg

chefjness

Anyone know where I can get that set screw?

-Cheers,

John

kryptonite

eww, eww i know!!! :D probly in the grass right where you last ran it.. :D im not saying you'll find it. but i bet thats where it is.. :rolleyes: ..lol.

chefjness

do you carry these or is it someone else....i don't see them on rampagehopups.

max 1

Don,tforget To Blue Lock Tight It First.

kryptonite

forist said:
Don't know about u guys but I used red locktight this time on mine. It keeps coming out with blue. :(
thats probly not a bad idea though i would be worried about getting it out. once out of frustration i put red loc-tite on my MT wheel nuts. now thats dumb! it was like a circus act trying to get them off. busted a rim.. :D

forist

Contributor
Im thinking about getting a new set and drill/tap 1 or 2 more set screws in that spot. Has anyone tried this ?

kryptonite

a cap screw would be good. you can give it more torque with a larger allen key. tapping it would be esy and you could notch out the d-shaft. im fine with mine. i give it a twist every 2 or so tanks. the others don't come lose

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts