• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Standrad motor on 8s xbe

MSLR

Hi all

I know the question has been asked but can anyone tell me if I can run the standard motor on 8s :confused: on my xbe. I am going to be using the hobbywing max 5 200amp. I have seen on the Kershaw designs site they are selling the standard 980 kv motor and saying it can run on 8s.

Also if I can do this what pinion should I be running using the standard wheels / hpi wheels as thinking of doing that conversion at some time.

Look forward to your opinions and suggestion's

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cjr1985car

I read that too. I would give it a go. With regards to gearing I would keep it stock (I think thats 11t on the XB-E), no need to gear for more speed (potentially creating more heat) when you've got the voltage to make up for speed. If you wanted I guess you could decrease the pinion size to a 9t (I did this on an xt-e when playing around with the stock setup). Have fun!

-Colton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts