• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

speed meter gps

tha nemesis

i run a speedmeter gps app on my droid s3 mini .. looking for a better meter or just simply buy a speed meter .. the app i use simply seems off .. in rwd only it says im doing 44 mph ... but seems like im going way faster ... about to try to run it in 4wd ... since i keep breaking shafts

Phill

tha nemesis said:
i run a speedmeter gps app on my droid s3 mini .. looking for a better meter or just simply buy a speed meter .. the app i use simply seems off .. in rwd only it says im doing 44 mph ... but seems like im going way faster ... about to try to run it in 4wd ... since i keep breaking shafts
I use the GPS outta my car.

Just secure it to the car with a few rubber bands and it records the top speed

tha nemesis

i do have tomtom if that will work .. the smaller older one ... i didnt know it recorded top speed .. i use velcro straps to hold my phone to my truck .. like the ones i use to hold my batteries in my mt .. thank you phill for that info ..

Phill

Never used a Tomtom but a Garmin has a bit in settings where it stores the top speed.

Just reset it and strap her on.

Ice_2k

Why aren't you just using your phone? There are a lot of apps for both iOS and Android that have the top speed functionality.

tha nemesis

i have one installed .. but i think its off or not being tracked by satellite at times .. also hard to get it going fast where i live .. ill post a video tomorrow

Ice_2k

depends also on the gps module of the phone. I tried using an old iPhone 4 to minimise the risk of damaging my current phone and it was really laggy, took forever to read the speed and it wasn't very accurate. Once I tried it with the iPhone 6, it was perfect. Same app, just different gps module.

Phill

I was in the LHS today and they had a radar gun for $298

I don't need a speedo that bad.

I find most phone apps pretty unreliable esp the decibelometer.

Ice_2k

For $120 you can just get the Flysky FS-IT4 radio that comes with telemetry and bang, speedo+rpm+temp :)

Phill

Ice_2k said:
For $120 you can just get the Flysky FS-IT4 radio that comes with telemetry and bang, speedo+rpm+temp :)
I really don't see a need for it but would consider it if I ever need a new radio.

I find Futaba make the best radios for me.

Been using em for over 30 yrs.

Ice_2k

No question about Futaba quality, but in order to get the same functionality in a Futaba, we're talking a price point well over what the entire car costs :)

Ice_2k

That's gonna be really expensive when you add the sensors, I'm pretty sure it's not worth the 4-5 times price compared to the FS-IT4

tha nemesis

i hear that ice .. its just hard for the castle creations xl2 to bind to flysky's recievers .. but it will the futaba .. maybe the traxxas tqi qualifier radio with telemetry will be good as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts