• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

spectrum dx3r dsm2 radio any good ??

aussie

hi guys

me again.

i am looking at possble buying a spectrjum dx3r dsm2 radio.

who here has one and likes it and has good results ??

are they any good ??

im not after the best radio,but some thing fairly decent.

or is there another brand of radio you like that might be better quality/performance perhaps ??

cheers

glen

kryptonite

my opinion is no. spectrum has a few problems and i think ANY problem with radio gear is a big problem. they have reciever prolbem, loss of bind, speratic short range, and the most recant is over heating recievers. also the dx2 is only a 2 channel. that leaves no romm for a kill switch. a kill switch is the only form of safety we have and it runs off the third channel. a standard failsafe is useless for us as they only work if you lose range or battery dies. look into the futaba 3pm's maybe. there has just been so many issue with spectrum

Pete379

I myself have run speckys for awhile and have had really no issuses... however I did just sell my whole spektrum system and I have switched over to Futaba. The only real reason I did this was because on a Spektrum system you have to run your frame rate in analog mode when your running with a P.B killswitch, and I spend to much money on digital servos not to reap the benefits of digital. Either way you decide to go I would make sure you get a 3 channel radio so you can run with a killswitch.

hamster huey

I also say no. I had the DX3r and had all kinds of problems. Other people I know have also had problems with spektrum. I believe the range issue is in the transmitter becuase the receivers have better range with other transmitters like the 3pk.

csp1971

Contributor
I guess I'm a lucky one with my Spektrum. I've had no issues. But with all the complaints about Spektrum, I wouldn't buy another. I like mine, but I won't take a risk with a 30 pound car running off into a wall or a person. Go with Futaba.

DemonRC

aussie said:
ok thanks guys
i will give the sprectrum a miss then.

i might get the futaba 3pm 2.4 ghz.

cheers

glen
Futaba 4pk/3pk/3PM or Airtronics M11/MX3. You can't go wrong with any of those radios. I've owned all of them except for the 4pk.

hamster huey

The Nomadios have a great price at amainhobbies.com. I believe Nomadio is the only 2.4ghz to offer DHSS AND FHSS in one radio! Cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts