• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Special Offer on Gear Plates

RampageHopUps

RampageHopUps has made a special deal with Redcat Racing to offer aluminum gear plates at a reduced price for all of you early adopters. Many of you have found that extreme bashing or racing is tough on the plastic gear mount, so we have decided to offer a $30 off coupon. Original price is $64.99, but if you sign in and use coupon code "GP", you can save $30 on this one time offer. So, $34.99 shipped to anywhere in the USA. Just type in GP when it asks for a coupon, then hit "apply coupon". You wil notice the new price.

RampageHopUps Gear Plate Offer

I addition, we will be stocking a Gear Plate Bearing conversion kit in the next few days. This will help with some of the heat being generated in this area.

RampageHopUps Faste Eddy Gear Plate bearing kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

fourwheeler

Is this code still good? I tried using it and the site says it is no longer being honored.

Modified RC

I got my gear plate and bearings ordered today.

Thanks for the great deal Rob.

MOfroggy

I got mine in and I think it is a necessary up grade and the price is definitely right but be advised it is not a 30 minute job! I know, I am about an hour into putting mine on and I am about 1/2 way through.

RampageHopUps

2 hours??? Should take around 45 minutes.

Couple of hints:

1) don't forget to switch the set screws from the small plastic bearing holder back to the aluminum holder. Use Blue or red loctite to install them in the aluminum.

2) if you have trouble getting the drive shaft apart, heat it with a torch to loosen the loctite that probably got into the shaft end. I took the easy way out and cut the plastic bearing support and hammered mine apart. Only do that if you are replacing the bearing as well.

MOfroggy

Yea, I am kind of slow and I this is my first time. You are probably right about the 45 minutes but the Cowboy game rerun was on!! I missed the game because Ike came right over my town (Jacksonville, Texas) and shut down our electricity, water and cable internet. Thank goodness we still have outdoor plumbing!

MOfroggy

Couple of hints:

1) don't forget to switch the set screws from the small plastic bearing holder back to the aluminum holder. Use Blue or red loctite to install them in the aluminum.

What are those set screws for? It seems like they do nothing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOfroggy

RampageHopUps said:
Those set screws space the steel brake pads away from the upright. You would never get your brakes to work without them.
In the plastic part they weren't sticking out any that I could tell. Is there a spec on how far they should protrude?

kun114

Got mine yesterday. It was a little hard getting some of the old components apart, but atleast I didn't have to get the torch out. Also rebuilt my engine. Just need to finish installing my Pico switch and put the Ramtech springs on my shocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts