• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Spark plug oil leak and crush washer question?

Petrolheadz100

am now currently breaking in my 30 cc gasoline engine I noticed when I first ot the car the spark plug was inside the engine really really tight is this normal well after breaking in the car I went to take out the spark plug and everything is fine just to check the tip when I went to put it back in I noticed that when it reaches bottom it still kept spinning kind of like if it was stripped the head threads. got another spark plug and put it side by side to the spark plug that came on my engine and I notice the new spark plug has a thicker washer. Is this normal that the Crush Washer would flatten out and not let the spark plug torque all the way to the bottom? The reason I say this is because I was afraid that the threads were stripped in the head but with the new spark plug it torch down perfect and doesn't keep turning. Can you guys give me an Insight on this. I also did notice a little oil around the spark plug on the head which is why i wanted to make sure that it was tight from the beginning. The stock spark plug will keep spinning when it bottoms out but the new spark plug torques down fine...im assuming they over tightened the stock plug from the factory and flattened the washer...any insight on this will be appreciated

Attachments

• received_10208451833493152.jpeg
    received_10208451833493152.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 4

sunoco

am now currently breaking in my 30 cc gasoline engine I noticed when I first ot the car the spark plug was inside the engine really really tight is this normal well after breaking in the car I went to take out the spark plug and everything is fine just to check the tip when I went to put it back in I noticed that when it reaches bottom it still kept spinning kind of like if it was stripped the head threads. got another spark plug and put it side by side to the spark plug that came on my engine and I notice the new spark plug has a thicker washer. Is this normal that the Crush Washer would flatten out and not let the spark plug torque all the way to the bottom? The reason I say this is because I was afraid that the threads were stripped in the head but with the new spark plug it torch down perfect and doesn't keep turning. Can you guys give me an Insight on this. I also did notice a little oil around the spark plug on the head which is why i wanted to make sure that it was tight from the beginning. The stock spark plug will keep spinning when it bottoms out but the new spark plug torques down fine...im assuming they over tightened the stock plug from the factory and flattened the washer...any insight on this will be appreciated

with your new spark plug, hand tighten it with your fingers until it stops turning.-- Then with a wrench, tighten an additional -- 1/4 turn. thats all that is required. A small amount of oil around the spark plugs washer is harmless.-- The "R" letter on the spark plug only means there is a Resistor in the white area of the spark plug-- This is good !! why? because it lessens the chance of the spark noise back flowing tru the electrical system and making the radio- servos go nuts.--

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts