• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Snapping rear dog bones on my Rampage MT

Blackhawk

this is my 6th time snapping the bones,I heard about mcd bones but you need a special drive cup and they don't make it anymore,could I use the drive cup that meant for the xb only difference is the shape,and what dogbone would I need to put in it,mod doesn't make the evo2 bones anymore.thanks.

designed2survive

this is my 6th time snapping the bones,I heard about mcd bones but you need a special drive cup and they don't make it anymore,could I use the drive cup that meant for the xb only difference is the shape,and what dogbone would I need to put in it,mod doesn't make the evo2 bones anymore.thanks.

I'm not sure about the XB cups fiting the MT. How are you snapping your bones? Are you having chassis flex issue?

G-Man

Wow I have only snapped one axle that was bent from a bad jump landing. Are you jumping alot? Landing jumps on throttle? That drivetrain cant handle having the throttle mashed and landing a jump. Diff pinion and crown gears are next

Blackhawk

No just hard driving,I miss worded it I'm talking about the axles going to the wheels,when the pin break the axle gets messed up. I have snapped a few in half at the center.

Phill

No just hard driving,I miss worded it I'm talking about the axles going to the wheels,when the pin break the axle gets messed up. I have snapped a few in half at the center.
Probably caused by wheel hop under full throttle.
Happened to my DR once

G-Man

Oh yea the grub screws like to come loose and lose the pins. I double grub screw them with blue loctite then wrap tape around where the pin goes through. Have yet to lose a pin since. Snapped the dog bone end once after that like I said earlier.

MTKelley

You must be squeezing every bit possible outta your motor with tuned pipe and air intake or something lol the stock parts I imagine are designed and rated for stock power output. I still have the stock muffler can on my MT and about 5 tanks thru, only problem really so far for me is the brakes 2 set screws keep backing out from vibration, will blue loctite those screws tomorrow for sure

Phill

You must be squeezing every bit possible outta your motor with tuned pipe and air intake or something lol the stock parts I imagine are designed and rated for stock power output. I still have the stock muffler can on my MT and about 5 tanks thru, only problem really so far for me is the brakes 2 set screws keep backing out from vibration, will blue loctite those screws tomorrow for sure
Put a decent pipe on it and see the difference.
The stock can is badly restricting your motor.

bbuzzard

Contributor
What type clutch are you running? I found the stock 6k sprung clutches work better for me dealing with those heavy wheels

Blackhawk

Sorry for the late reply,it was the grub screws and yes I am squeezing every ounce of power possible out of a rcmk 28.5.breaks a lot of stuff but she's being holding up great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online