• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Slimneill MT

Slimneill

I guess I'll finally start a build thread.

Things I've done so far:

First got the Rampage MT and couldn't get it running properly so I installed:
1- Replaced stock busted carb (never worked right from new) with Walbro WT-990
2- Installed Killer RC Super Bee Fail safe. Must have!
3- Installed Voltwatch2 Battery Monitor to see battery status as I drive.

I then broke the rear CV off of a jump. So I beefed up the entire Drive train by removing the CV Axels and going hardened steel dog bones using Baja compatible parts. I also wanted 5ive T tires.
4- Vertigo V2 Rear Axle Extender set for Baja 5B/5T (2 sets)
5- KingMotors Losi 5ive Tire set 2x (Amazon)
6- FLM hardened drive cups for Baja (2 sets)

While replacing the broken drive CV axels I found out that 80% of the bearings has seized. So I got new bearings.
7- Fast Eddy Sealed bearing Kit
8- Fast Eddy Diff grease
9- HPI Baja Axel boots 22mmx47mm fit right over the FLM hardened drive cups.
10- Redid the Diff fluids in all diffs while bearing swap out. Went with Factory Team Silicone 7000&5000 Fluid
11- PJ1 Foam Filter Oil
12- 8K Clutch
13- Outerwears Air filter Pre cover
14- Baja Foam filter kit. Although the kit I got didn't have the plate that mounts to the carb so I will have to 3d print that part.

Then I lost a bolt for the stock exhaust so I bought various bolts from McMaster Carr. I went though the manual and identified all fasteners. Ill post that spread sheet one of these days.

Next project will be to purchase a Losi 5ive roll cage. I have purchased a 1/2" piece of aluminum that I want to machine into a proper chassis for the extended wheel base. But I want the roll cage so that I can mount the motor in the correct part of the frame then I will make custom axles to fit the different lengths.

TPSF

I guess I'll finally start a build thread.

Things I've done so far:

First got the Rampage MT and couldn't get it running properly so I installed:
1- Replaced stock busted carb (never worked right from new) with Walbro WT-990
2- Installed Killer RC Super Bee Fail safe. Must have!
3- Installed Voltwatch2 Battery Monitor to see battery status as I drive.

I then broke the rear CV off of a jump. So I beefed up the entire Drive train by removing the CV Axels and going hardened steel dog bones using Baja compatible parts. I also wanted 5ive T tires.
4- Vertigo V2 Rear Axle Extender set for Baja 5B/5T (2 sets)
5- KingMotors Losi 5ive Tire set 2x (Amazon)
6- FLM hardened drive cups for Baja (2 sets)

While replacing the broken drive CV axels I found out that 80% of the bearings has seized. So I got new bearings.
7- Fast Eddy Sealed bearing Kit
8- Fast Eddy Diff grease
9- HPI Baja Axel boots 22mmx47mm fit right over the FLM hardened drive cups.
10- Redid the Diff fluids in all diffs while bearing swap out. Went with Factory Team Silicone 7000&5000 Fluid
11- PJ1 Foam Filter Oil
12- 8K Clutch
13- Outerwears Air filter Pre cover
14- Baja Foam filter kit. Although the kit I got didn't have the plate that mounts to the carb so I will have to 3d print that part.

Then I lost a bolt for the stock exhaust so I bought various bolts from McMaster Carr. I went though the manual and identified all fasteners. Ill post that spread sheet one of these days.

Next project will be to purchase a Losi 5ive roll cage. I have purchased a 1/2" piece of aluminum that I want to machine into a proper chassis for the extended wheel base. But I want the roll cage so that I can mount the motor in the correct part of the frame then I will make custom axles to fit the different lengths.
Have you done anymore upgrades? What was the easiest bolt on upgrades that you find to be the "best"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts