• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Slide Carburetor?

sanos

I'm not sure what type of carburetors are on these stock xb's. The only one's I know are the ones for nitro's. Who make's a slide carburetors for these cars? And are they better in performance?

G

Walbro makes the carbs. These are the most common.

813/998

The factory carb is a copy of the 668

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Walbro makes the carbs. These are the most common.668

813/998

The factory carb is a copy of the 668
Is there a huge difference between the 813 and 998, I have thought about testing out the 813, heard it's harder to tune though than the 990?

sanos

Great, the 813 and 998 are the ones you guys are talking about are the ones, and It was never mentioned what type they were. Thanks! :)

TheCount

Stygian said:
Is there a huge difference between the 813 and 998, I have thought about testing out the 813, heard it's harder to tune though than the 990?
I just ordered a 813, i'll let you know how hard it is to tune. It should be about the same as a 990. From what i have read the only diff is the 813 has an acc pump.

Stygian

Banned
TheCount said:
I just ordered a 813, i'll let you know how hard it is to tune. It should be about the same as a 990. From what i have read the only diff is the 813 has an acc pump.
Right on, I have a spare 990 on back order but it won't be here until June according to gizmomotors.

G

sanos said:
Great, the 813 and 998 are the ones you guys are talking about are the ones, and It was never mentioned what type they were. Thanks! :)
All the Walbro carbs I listed have the traditional butterfly throttle plate. I am not aware of any slide style throttle plate carbs for these engines.

G

I think I'm going to bring in some of the 998s to see if I notice a difference.

Dreggsta

Stygian said:
What some are saying is that the 998 is the new, revised & improved 813. I have read it has better fuel metering but I don't know if anyone can prove what the actual difference is.

sanos

RCDAD said:
All the Walbro carbs I listed have the traditional butterfly throttle plate. I am not aware of any slide style throttle plate carbs for these engines.
So, are you saying you're not sure if they are slide carbs? The reason I ask is that car/truck with the reverse on the other thread (Gasser with reverse) states that in the list of specification features that it has a slide carburetor. I just want to know more about it and what it looks like and who makes them. This truck... http://hobbiestree.com/sy-4wd-1-5-scale-king-blue-devil-3-prc5403-4wd-gasoline-powered-truck-cy26cc-rtr.html#.UZVi6rWTgcd

alfred e numan

i looked at all the photos as closely as i could. it looks as though the carb is either walbro, or as rc dad said - a walbro copy of the 668- same thing thats on the hy engines. but-- then agan i could be mistaken-- doubtful its a slide carb. its easy to have features - things lost in translation- even a computer has troubles translating sometimes.

Dreggsta

Hey Alfred, things def get lost in translation lol. That must be what happened to that fuelie sticker on our engines on tje pull start cover where it says "STROKE OLL" lol.

G

sanos said:
So, are you saying you're not sure if they are slide carbs? The reason I ask is that car/truck with the reverse on the other thread (Gasser with reverse) states that in the list of specification features that it has a slide carburetor. I just want to know more about it and what it looks like and who makes them. This truck... http://hobbiestree.com/sy-4wd-1-5-scale-king-blue-devil-3-prc5403-4wd-gasoline-powered-truck-cy26cc-rtr.html#.UZVi6rWTgcd
I am sure the Walbros listed are not slide carbs.

I doubt that other platform has a slide carb. It is probably copied text from another model. Sound familiar? Our manuals have also had some misprints.

alfred e numan

Dreggsta said:
Hey Alfred, things def get lost in translation lol. That must be what happened to that fuelie sticker on our engines on tje pull start cover where it says "STROKE OLL" lol.
hear that. i go all over the world via the www. translate with bing mostly. just reading articles-- never send anything. even bing has troubles with chinese- to english. i shure would like to see a little slide valve carb for these little engines. gain power tru more air flow. years ago, in the 80s, ford made a varable ventura carb. small carbs -the smaller hole has a stronger fuel signal @ lower rpm-s.- @ higher rpm-s the varable ventura would open up. that was years ago- i am not up on hi tec cars-stuff that much any more- i am certan theres stuff out now that frally builds milage- power. heck, like most of us pawns in life - i just try to keep the full size trucks-cars fed- with 4 to 437 a gallon gas!!!

MrMeatHooks

Dreggsta said:
What some are saying is that the 998 is the new, revised & improved 813. I have read it has better fuel metering but I don't know if anyone can prove what the actual difference is.
Typically when a part gets a new part number it will have tweaks and improvements made from further R&D and feedback from the people who use them. Dyno pulls would be the only way to prove an numeric increase, however if I see real life improvement while driving, thats all the proof I need. If the carb improves power delivery and responsiveness, then a HP increase is pointless, after all the 990 and 998 have the same venturi and bore diameters. HP potential should be identical as they are both limited by the same cfm ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMeatHooks

Stygian said:
Very easy to tune, no issues getting the same results from either Carb . Both carbs tune identical in my recent testing

ArielG6

Tengo un redcat Rampage Xt y tengo problemas con el carburador.
Podrian decirme cual es el que lleva?:giggle:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online