• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Single Steering Servo

BoostedTRex

It will not, and you would need the futaba brackets to fit the s9020. The redcat servo setup is similar to spektrum, but not identical.
I’m talking just the gears, they appears to be the same

BoostedTRex

I don’t have one. I have a stock servo with a stripped gear. If the s9020 gear set would fit I could swap it out and cost much less

BoostedTRex

Gotcha. I've tried with a few other spectrum servos I had lying around to no avail. They all looked the same but differed slightly in size.
Good to know, I might order a set just to try and if they don’t fit I’ll order the whole servo and just swap it out

BoostedTRex

Cool, post an update when you do. I'm curious if it'll work as well.
Will do. Also, I am going to pull the gear out that has a couple broken teeth, there’s a pin on it that limits how far it can turn, so I’ll pull the pin and mill another hole 180° from where it is now and I should be good. It just so happens the two teeth that broke are 180° from the pin

biggo

Will do. Also, I am going to pull the gear out that has a couple broken teeth, there’s a pin on it that limits how far it can turn, so I’ll pull the pin and mill another hole 180° from where it is now and I should be good. It just so happens the two teeth that broke are 180° from the pin

Damn why didnt I think of that. That'll get you back up 100%! I've got a few of them in the bin, I didnt trash em for a reason. But hey, don't forget to loosen the servo saver or you'll strip gears no matter what servo you use.

BoostedTRex

Damn why didnt I think of that. That'll get you back up 100%! I've got a few of them in the bin, I didnt trash em for a reason. But hey, don't forget to loosen the servo saver or you'll strip gears no matter what servo you use.
All depends on where yours are broken. There’s a special shape that the gear sits on that only allows it to go on two ways. The right way and the way where the pin wouldn’t allow you to put it back together.

biggo

All depends on where yours are broken. There’s a special shape that the gear sits on that only allows it to go on two ways. The right way and the way where the pin wouldn’t allow you to put it back together.

Yep! They all pretty much break in the same spot with the servo saver cranked down. All it takes is 1 good cartwheel.

BoostedTRex

Yep! They all pretty much break in the same spot with the servo saver cranked down. All it takes is 1 good cartwheel.
Well I guess that’s good then. Too bad they didn’t already have a hole for when that happens. It’s a good thing I’m a machinist and have access to a Bridgeport. Though I’m sure it could simply be done with a hand drill.

G-Man

Did you end up just switching servos?
Yes I have to be the hardest person on servos. I put a Hitec d845wp in there. Thought problem solved. Nope. Just the other day it quit working, so I sent it in for warranty. Now I am giving the Hilatronics Hercules black case a try. Been hearing good things about it and it's specs seem awesome. Should be here tomorrow, so I will get it installed for the weekend to try out. Maybe I may have luck with it. Check this out.. https://www.detroitperformancerc.com/product-page/hilatronics-high-torque-smart-servo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.