• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Single Steering Servo

RC-GURU

What's up guys. I have modded my MT to single servo steering awhile back. Initially I used the Spektrum s9020 at 7.4v. After stripping the top gearset three times, I finally got annoyed enough to try something new to me in this MT. I have tried probably four different combinations now. So I have the Hitec d845wp in there now still using 7.4v. Guess I will find out if it is my solution. I have that d845wp in my Dunerunner for over a year now still works great. Any input on what you guys use appreciated! BTW that servo is in the aluminum Futaba mount Redcat offers Savox 1210 throttle servo, LRP 2s lipo rx, Futaba radio system View attachment 14180 View attachment 14181
Do you think If I put 2 of the D845's it would kill the
battery to fast

imaudi5000

ok this might be a stupid question, but do you have to switch out the servo saver when going to one steering servo? my stock MT servos appear to be dying and im gonna copy you and get the hitec servo and futaba mount, but do i really need to replace the servo saver too? what difference would it make?

G-Man

ok this might be a stupid question, but do you have to switch out the servo saver when going to one steering servo? my stock MT servos appear to be dying and im gonna copy you and get the hitec servo and futaba mount, but do i really need to replace the servo saver too? what difference would it make?
No you do not have to replace the stock servo saver. I just thought aluminum would be tighter, I was wrong. I am gonna get some flange bearings for the pivot points when I get a minute to measure.

imaudi5000

Awesome, thanks! ?

Forgot to ask, what about the arm/horn? 15 tooth right? Stock won't fit? What did you use?
Thanks

G-Man

pfrederi1

Hey G-Man
BTW I got the HiTec D845WP and it seems to be holding much better than the s9020 so far (fingers crossed).

On another note there seems to be a lot of play in the left front tire and it looks like something in the crossarm for the servosavers. there seems to be a lot of play omn there. Ill try tightening up the servo saver for the left wheel that has no servo and see if that does the trick.
I had the Spektrum s9020 in mine as a single servo setup for about 8 months. One too many kartwheels broke the gear teeth. I replaced the top gearset, used it for two more months and it stripped again. I rebuilt it once more and it did it again a month later. So I gave up and went to the Hitec d845wp. I am using it as a single servo setup. It seems great so far. Although so did the 9020 for 8 months. I don't know the d845wp seems stronger. I have it in two other 5th scales and works great. I am also using a 2s lipo receiver battery to power it

G-Man

Do you think If I put 2 of the D845's it would kill the
battery to fast
Hey G-Man
BTW I got the HiTec D845WP and it seems to be holding much better than the s9020 so far (fingers crossed).

On another note there seems to be a lot of play in the left front tire and it looks like something in the crossarm for the servosavers. there seems to be a lot of play omn there. Ill try tightening up the servo saver for the left wheel that has no servo and see if that does the trick.
If I remember correctly I cranked down the servo saver nut down onto the spring quite aways. That and all the play in the servo saver assembly I'd like to fit flange bearings in there. That's all metal on metal in those pivot points and wears out causing play.

imaudi5000

Thanks man, that's a better deal than Amazon! ?

Phill

Hi Guys
There's lots of sellers out there advertising the Futaba servo mount but no one knows which Futaba it's sposed to fit.
Anyone here have any idea?
Thanks

G-Man

Phill

Thanks Gman
I saw your post about that.
I'd like to use Futaba but can't find which ones bolts straight into the mount.
Been using Futaba since the 80s

G-Man

There's plenty around on the web.
I just need to know which one to buy.
Plenty of radios around too.
The RXs will work on 6 or 7.4 volts too which is a big plus.
Right. I use a 2S lipo rx hump pack. Figure fully charged 8.3-8.4v I have yet to fry a Futaba receiver with it. Good quality electronics for sure.

biggo

I had the Spektrum s9020 in mine as a single servo setup for about 8 months. One too many kartwheels broke the gear teeth. I replaced the top gearset, used it for two more months and it stripped again. I rebuilt it once more and it did it again a month later. So I gave up and went to the Hitec d845wp. I am using it as a single servo setup. It seems great so far. Although so did the 9020 for 8 months. I don't know the d845wp seems stronger. I have it in two other 5th scales and works great. I am also using a 2s lipo receiver battery to power it

FYI, you guys may want to try adjusting your bell crank and test it by over-turning the wheels by hand. It's sole purpose is to take the impact off your servo & linkage. Also, invest in a better transmitter if you haven't already with the ability to adjust your travel. This should reduce if not eliminate your servos from breaking. Before I realized this Redcat mishap, I had broke 2-3 servos. Give it a shot. I actually plan to get the S9020 but still running the factory steering servo at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.