• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Should I threadlock wheelnuts?

Haroldbee

After an intense session of doing fast runs complete with doughnuts, with my Rampage XR, I brought it into my garage. The moment I rested it on my bench, a wheelnut, fell off. You guys, of course, know what would have happened, had I done one more run: IT WOULD HAVE FALLEN OFF. So, I'm thinking ... Maybe I'll put blue threadlock, lightly, on each wheel-hub thread.

designed2survive

After an intense session of doing fast runs complete with doughnuts, with my Rampage XR, I brought it into my garage. The moment I rested it on my bench, a wheelnut, fell off. You guys, of course, know what would have happened, had I done one more run: IT WOULD HAVE FALLEN OFF. So, I'm thinking ... Maybe I'll put blue threadlock, lightly, on each wheel-hub thread.

Used to have that issue. I put one tiny drop of blue threadlock in just one spot on the wheel nut. Again just one drop in just one spot. Never came loose again and was extremely easy to take off when needed.

the13bats

Im very OCD with my junk, i do use all colors of thread lock on various projects but found that purple is best on my rc stuff, its very low strenght,
I had to mail order it, no one around here stocked it,

Haroldbee

Using threadlock on your wheelnuts is not necessary, though some people do. I use a ratcheting wheelnut wrench (and not those little palm units that come in RTR units) to tighten my wheelnuts. I have never lost a loose wheelnut. (I do keep a set of extra wheelnuts in my tool box. Everyone should.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online