• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Should I buy a new servo at warranty cost or a complete different servo...HELP!

machinebike

Red cat offers servo replacement at a warranty cost of 30 plus 5.00 for shipping if you send the old one in for them to see if you are eligable to receive one at warranty cost. But I didnt spend a lot of time with my truck before the left steering servo gave out and wondering if I get a new one of the same if it would not last that long also. Or just send around 70 for a different brand...what should I do??

G-Man

I am in a similar situation. I have had my MT for six months now and have noticed the stock steering servos are just eating the rx battery and not working well. So I am now in the process of installing two new Hitec servos in their place. If I was you I would not use the stock servos. And replace them in pairs if you choose to stay with dual servo set up. Good luck!!

machinebike

I am in a similar situation. I have had my MT for six months now and have noticed the stock steering servos are just eating the rx battery and not working well. So I am now in the process of installing two new Hitec servos in their place. If I was you I would not use the stock servos. And replace them in pairs if you choose to stay with dual servo set up. Good luck!!
Hi Techs...are they durable?

G-Man

Hi Techs...are they durable?
From what I am reading they are a common choice, which is an expensive one. As far as my experience I have a hitec throttle servo that has worked well for the last six months. So I decided to stick with the brand. Will find out in the future the durability of these steering servos. I have high hopes. Oh I am also installing a glitch buster power capacitor to give the on demand power the new servos need. Otherwise they will cause a major voltage drop making the super bee kill the engine needlessly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts