• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shocks for XB

GTi_Leo

phreerider said:
i remember that Xb with the blues. i like that, i think i looked for them but could not find only rebuild stuff, the newer MCD 's are prolly choice for me, BUT they always are out of stock! thats what led me to HPI clones. i get it sorted.the tires are poineers by KINGMOTORS, rears 7.60x3.20 big and meaty, they do well on pavement, super grippy! proline clones i would guess. definitely need the juice to turn and burn them.
have you seen these shocks? not sure how big the actual shaft is. says they are 1:10 scale but those are rather large

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/King-Shocks-RC4WD-Wraith-Kit-100mm-Off-Road-Piggyback-Scale-2-Pairs-/331685219774?hash=item4d39facdbe:g:NAUAAOSwGvhT~fyG

GTi_Leo

Phill said:
100 mm (4 inches) seems awful big for 1/10
their for an axial wrath, the are an off road crawler so I guess they have the height to justify the length, my only concern would be the 3.5 mm shaft, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over the stock shocks. besides the resi chamber, and I'm pretty sure the weight of a 1/5th scale XB is a bit more then the wrath

Phill

GTi_Leo said:
their for an axial wrath, the are an off road crawler so I guess they have the height to justify the length, my only concern would be the 3.5 mm shaft, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over the stock shocks. besides the resi chamber, and I'm pretty sure the weight of a 1/5th scale XB is a bit more then the wrath
That makes sense.

My DR has 6mm shafts stock so I don't think 3.5 is going to last very long

GTi_Leo

nope and the spring rate seems really soft.

I didn't know the stock dunerunner has 6mm shafts stock. lol theres really no real reason to change them :p

kvrc

Where do you guys get shock oil from when you rebuild? and what weight? I'm a 1/10 racer and I have a good variety of 2oz bottles of oil but it would get really spendy to use that stuff lol.

chapinb

Team associated is what I use. The bigger bottles are fairly cheap. 40 weight is a good start for xb/xt. Might need heavier for mt

kvrc

I've never seen anything but 2oz bottles for associated shock oil. I looked on tower hobbies and they only sell the 2oz. Guess I need to look into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.