• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shocks for XB

GTi_Leo

I'm in the market for a set of new shocks and springs for my XB, is it possible to use a set of losi shocks and springs?

is there any good combo I can use from the redcat family of hopups?

rroberson7805

Following, I would like to know also on my xt. It now has hpi wheels and jetpro. It's faster with the lighter wheels and pipe.

phreerider

i have used MT on XB , definitely more there to help carrier pipe weight, reset ball mounts from XB and its direct fit.

the added weight and preload advances wear throughout outrigger assembly. i like them and are much improved control with added weight.

the plastic ends are failure point prone.

currently looking at 8mm shaft setup. losi seem a little short , and perhaps too thick for drive line. not sure about those details.

hpi are very close in size to MT so might be an option

this may help...

MTshocksv3_zps3aef91b5.jpg

MT(blue) on top

Ildy666

I built a set of MT res. Shocks using 8mm shafts but u have to half the res shock the other end won't fit 8mm shafts so u have to use the bottom end of the stock shock.and the double nut it.sounds confusing but it's a rock solid setup.i have to get a pic up...

phreerider

Ildy666 pics would help thanks, what shocks come with 8MM?

the bore thru cap comes with the shaft best i can tell. gonna do a rebuild one more time, since i have the stuff. but different is next for sure.

phreerider

ok , just to add the info here, i went with KM shocks with 6mm shafts alloy ends(not sure thats a plus) and the 8mm shaft rebuild set. maybe it was rovan ...anyway they are roughly same as Redcat in cost and fitment seems close enough for me. losi seems to be a solid choice but geometry fit appears poor. pics in projects when i get them. i would rebuild XB shocks , i have rebuild kits and shock oil which surprised me! ... the exact location of the old shocks is a bit of a mystery ATM

phreerider

that is the kit, for their shocks. those are interchangeable with hpi. have not jumped a redcat set. MT set may accept those 8mm thats would be my guess... doubtful XB will.

GTi_Leo

I looked at your build thread and Baja shock bodies look a little long. There is not much shaft left to move around over bumps. At least that's how I see them.

phreerider

the rear have plenty, the front are tight. the rear need more and will rebuild those with 8mm. the front are tight and the XB rebuilt will go back on. on the rear with 7075 rc towers and MT rear arms makes it work, even with 7075rc towers in front its still tight, but i intend to run it and see and eventually add the XB fronts back on. if i thought losi shocks would fit the space they are prolly a better choice for the front but seem way too fat. but its a start to find out whats suitable. the XB stock geometry is somewhat limited currently working through that, so we'll see.

tc%20MT%20rear%20arms_zpsrr5tc8kb.jpg

GTi_Leo

I've seen someone turn an XB into an XSC and use losi blues on it, not 100% sure how they were done the user hasn't really logged on to be able to ask how he was able to make them work

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=14316

another question, I didn't really read your whole build thread, its rather long, I just scrolled through the pics, are those proline trencher tires or bowties and how do they grip on pavement? the stock tires are horrible on the road the car is really squirmier with them on

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

i remember that Xb with the blues. i like that, i think i looked for them but could not find only rebuild stuff, the newer MCD 's are prolly choice for me, BUT they always are out of stock! thats what led me to HPI clones. i get it sorted.

the tires are poineers by KINGMOTORS, rears 7.60x3.20 big and meaty, they do well on pavement, super grippy! proline clones i would guess. definitely need the juice to turn and burn them.

GTi_Leo

stock 30cc isn't enough? like some were saying the stock 30cc has a fair bit of low end grunt the revs just don't get very high, I'm quiet impressed with the car over all and the haters with losis and bajas bs about the quality and way they perform just don't hold much water. I mean the tires and shocks could be a bit better but as a whole they are a good quality toy

phreerider

with the stock ratios they are at the fun limits of stock power. with real power thru stock ratios, its super sprinty and plenty o torque make them fry.

a toy is something you cannot by parts for. it is like a short dead end road.

hobby grade models closer to tool caliber. the "things " always change but the road is continous and there are no toys on this road.

GTi_Leo

by ratios you mean the gear plate? my gears have already been replaced with a 2 speed, and I've read some issues with the XB/XT/XR diff cups snapping with more power. I've been considering a dunerunner and selling my XB, swapping my servos and 2 speed over before the sale

phreerider

Yes stock gears , diff cup sleeves control 99% of that kinda breakage. The rest is piloting , and throttle control. 2 speeds is a departure from pilot control as shifting hampers tight throttle control as you have allowed device to do it , to some degree beyond remote control .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts