• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo Upgrades

G-Man

From what I am reading it will burn the receiver up if you hook it up to 7.4 volts. I will probably run it on 6v for now with the new servos and in the very near future at least run positive wires to the servos like we talked about and get a bec for the receiver. I also wanted to make sure I didn't need anything else to run these servos. Do they Bolt right up? Same size and everything? I'm new to 1/5 scale and all of my vehicles now the servos are all the same type and size. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions I just paid a lot for the pro and don't want to have a run away or anything.
Ya you will need the Futaba steering servo mount for that big boy Savox. It's a Redcat hop up in blue aluminum. The chassis already has the holes countersunk. Oh and ask away man

G-Man

Ya you will need the Futaba steering servo mount for that big boy Savox. It's a Redcat hop up in blue aluminum. The chassis already has the holes countersunk. Oh and ask away man
The hitec throttle servo bolts right in the same spot btw. And you won't get the full torque the savox has at 6v either.

fordgtr06

The hitec throttle servo bolts right in the same spot btw. And you won't get the full torque the savox has at 6v either.
I finally got my MT PRO in the mail two days ago and have been working on putting the kill switch in and going over all the bolts. I changed over the receiver and the killer be will not automatically shut off with any feature other than the 3rd channel. After doing some research I found that apparently you can not override the fail safe in the traxxas receiver so I will be switching to a different radio set up in the future. All I can say about the rampage is wow!!! pictures do not do this thing justice. It makes every other rc car/truck I have look like a toy. I went ahead and ordered the savox servos because the throttle servo absolutley sucks. I read a lot about it but I have never seen one this bad. If you feather the throttle quickly with the stock throttle servo it freaks out and just sits in one place. I havent even ran the truck yet due to this issue, I do not want to have a run off with a $1200 and counting truck. Do you think the single steering servo would run off of this battery on 6v with enough power to turn the wheels? I will eventually switch to the set up that you have but need to let the account build back up if you know what I mean.

20170215_221933.jpg lvnrm1506.jpg

fordgtr06

Good looking truck @fordgtr06 ;) :stig:
Thank you sir. I finished checking all the bolts tonight and I am charging the battery now. Servo should be here tomorrow and I will be able to start it up for the first time tomorrow. I am really excited about hearing this thing fire up. :)

G-Man

I finally got my MT PRO in the mail two days ago and have been working on putting the kill switch in and going over all the bolts. I changed over the receiver and the killer be will not automatically shut off with any feature other than the 3rd channel. After doing some research I found that apparently you can not override the fail safe in the traxxas receiver so I will be switching to a different radio set up in the future. All I can say about the rampage is wow!!! pictures do not do this thing justice. It makes every other rc car/truck I have look like a toy. I went ahead and ordered the savox servos because the throttle servo absolutley sucks. I read a lot about it but I have never seen one this bad. If you feather the throttle quickly with the stock throttle servo it freaks out and just sits in one place. I havent even ran the truck yet due to this issue, I do not want to have a run off with a $1200 and counting truck. Do you think the single steering servo would run off of this battery on 6v with enough power to turn the wheels? I will eventually switch to the set up that you have but need to let the account build back up if you know what I mean.

View attachment 5369 View attachment 5370
Go back to the stock radio and receiver then. At least you can use all the super bee functions but to remotely turn the engine off you have to turn off the radio. As far as the servos, ya they will work at 6v, obviously with less speed and torque. I'd imagine one steering servo at 6v would work. I never tried. Have fun Man!!

TPSF

How do I mount the savox service to the battery box side?

mdknightrider

I know this has been covered in the past but I am new to 1/5 scale and was wondering if the Hitec HS-5765MH was still the best steering servo to put in the MT or is there another servo better suited for this truck? Also what throttle brake servo would you all recommend? Thanks in advance for your help, I am really excited to get my MT.
Well if you want a servo that BURNS UP yeah there fine (sarcasm gota love it) in my opinion get a D845WP(WP for WATERPROOF) FOR STEERING and A traxxas 2056 WATERPROOF servo for throttle, just saying.

Petrolheadz100

I still havent got my MT yet but this is a concern to me as i want to just ru one servo and the aluminum steering single servo system (050014). What servo can i use that will bolt right in wih no mods and have plenty of power to steer? Do the savox 0236 bolt direct to stock mount?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.