• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo Electronics Upgrade - Rampage XT

Matlock

Howdy everyone. This will be my first post to the forum. Plan to make this a common place to talk and ask about parts and troubleshooting.

Just got off the phone with Redcat for the Steering Servo on my XT. After switching the wires around to make sure what the problem was, it was apparent that the Servo was going out. So, they will be sending a Warranty replacement.

This brings me to my question.

Having had the XT for only 3 days, and using it for about an hour, total; the Servo is going out. Even after taking all precautions to make sure to not fry it. It may or not be fried, or it may just be a bad Servo.

* What Steering Servo UPGRADE would anyone recommend for the XT? I read that the HiTec 645MG was a good model to use.

* Depending on the upgrade, should the battery or any other parts be upgraded to compensate possible increase in power?

* And of course, if the upgrade requires modifications to the Chasses, is there a how-to on it, or videos?

This is my first actual 1/5 Gas RC, and have had lots of fun out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matlock

Steering is what I meant to refer to.

Is there any fabrication or modifications needed for the HiTec 5645 Throttle?

Matlock

Unfortunately the 5755 is a discontinued Servo, and a few places have apparently hopped the prices up quite high. Redcat being one, selling them for well over $200 when they can get them in stock. That's why I am asking about what are the best ones to upgrade to. Most of the ones I've read about have already been replaced. Just not sure with what.

Matlock

Awesome. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Redcat covered the faulty part and sent a replacement servo. Installed it and it runs perfectly. I tweaked some parts a bit, breaking was loose, now it stops quick, and turns nearly on a dime.

Unfortunately while I was running the XT through my yard to get a feel and make sure everything was running smooth, my son distracted me and it ran up the edge of a stump and toppled end-over-end. A few of the steering components broke/bent. So I'll be waiting for another week or so for replacement parts.

As-far-as parts go, where does everyone prefer to buy their parts and upgrades from?

sportyy

Servo

Be sure your new high-tech is a 24t or a 25t I have a hitic 5765 with 15t horn and they are hard to find if you want a metal one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts