• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Servo Box-

noyb98098

Just curious if anyone out there is working on a better radio box? One more like the BAJA, so you don't ahve to take it appart each time you have to charge the battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

I don't think the factory will change that. It is a safety issue with charging the battery in the box. There have been several Baja burnt bad, from charging in the box.

kun114

noyb98098 said:
Just curious if anyone out there is working on a better radio box? One more like the BAJA, so you don't ahve to take it appart each time you have to charge the battery.
I installed a Futaba on/off switch that has an extra pigtail for charging the battery. Let it hang out where the servo wires go into the box.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXH462&P=ML

Last edited by a moderator:

noyb98098

RampageHopUps said:
I don't think the factory will change that. It is a safety issue with charging the battery in the box. There have been several Baja burnt bad, from charging in the box.
Wow- didnt know that was happening... Thanks for the reply.

fourwheeler

RampageHopUps said:
I had a battery get too hot and explode charging in the battery box on my Baja. Now I take it out and get some air to it during the charging process or If I have time I can charge it in the box but at around 1 amp to keep the heat down.

noyb98098

fourwheeler said:
I had a battery get too hot and explode charging in the battery box on my Baja. Now I take it out and get some air to it during the charging process or If I have time I can charge it in the box but at around 1 amp to keep the heat down.
After hearing that guess I'll be charging outside of the box. Thanks for the replies!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.