• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

SCZ Racing Engine E290 (9bhp)

Silent_chaos

Hey guys,

So I stumbled upon SCZ Racing, I have seen him in this forum post some engines, upgrades and such and I was wondering if anyone had experienced with their engines before.

The E290 delivers 9bhp with a price tag of 530$ (no carb, no pipe)

they plan on releasing the 40cc as well (sometime soon)

what do you guys think? overpriced? or lemme just go with OBR?

the engine (from what Ive seen) lookspromising and delivers quite some power

youtube links:

1)

Fearless

Silent_chaos said:
Hey guys, So I stumbled upon SCZ Racing, I have seen him in this forum post some engines, upgrades and such and I was wondering if anyone had experienced with their engines before.

The E290 delivers 9bhp with a price tag of 530$ (no carb, no pipe)

they plan on releasing the 40cc as well (sometime soon)

what do you guys think? overpriced? or lemme just go with OBR?

the engine (from what Ive seen) lookspromising and delivers quite some power

youtube links:

1)

I think is kinda soon to just drop that money, not enough reviews yet, a friend of mine bought one 2 weeks ago install on his baja, drive for like 3 thanks and sold baja and engine...he said the money spend on that motor he should done a obr, again is not my experience just what I heard about it...but that kinda of a doll, yeah OBR full mod for sure.

G

<----- DGI sells them to the left. :)

Fearless

RCDAD said:
<----- DGI sells them to the left. :)
well I wasn't giving any crap to DGI, love their parts just saying a experience a friend of mine had. Besides there is not enough reviews yet

G

Fearless said:
well I wasn't giving any crap to DGI, love their parts just saying a experience a friend of mine had. Besides there is not enough reviews yet
Yeah, three tanks and it would just be barely broken in.

In my experience most engines start to really come to life around the 5th tank. What pipe was he running with it?

Fearless

Again my intentions was not to start any crap, agreed 100 % no even broke in, but even that the engine still leaves a lot to be desired for the money, he was using a bzm pipe, but I should mention again wasnt my experience was he's I am sure that telly will stand behind what he sells, but I will stand behind my opinion for almost 6 bills obr for sure or gizmo, who knows, down in the road opinion can change, but my point a view I am no where near to drop that kinda of money for some thing we barely have any info yet and yes I saw running in person and I think even my pro stock obr that still on break in process was performance better than that engine.

Fearless

This is when he first got, I was all over this to for my other baja, but changed my mind.

G

It's hard to beat Gizmos engines for value. Great performers at a very low price. I don't know how they do it.

Fearless

Yeah. Sure does looks good, I was going to get, but after seen in person just orderd another obr reed case, basic same money

Fearless

Justice has to be made

Okay, I got to fix some thing up here, well I was kinda against spend like 5 bills on scz engine due to my friends experience, well he had he's baja sold and on the very last moment he changed he's mind and decided to keep, well he realize how much money it would cost him to build another, but back to the subject he did finish a properly breaking on engine, tuned right and the SCZ engine rips good on his baja it has a lot torque, so I can see this been a awesome upgrade for a 4wd trucks don't get me wrong I still think is a lot doll for some thing new, but still a nice engine I just got to fix my passed reviews and do justice to this, it wasn't nothing personal but we all know when some new product comes to the market on that price tag we all get scare that shit of it, thought my friend was crazy buying this, but YES its a nice engine.

Here is a video of running

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilsH7MHtUkA[/ame]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts