• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

S30 Wont run!!!!!

Yessabub

So I've been messing with this tornado s30 since I got it in December and it will not run for me the needles are set to factory and it will only fire if I put a little gas in the motor then it dies in like 2 seconds any ideas?

Phill

Yessabub said:
So I've been messing with this tornado s30 since I got it in December and it will not run for me the needles are set to factory and it will only fire if I put a little gas in the motor then it dies in like 2 seconds any ideas?
Have you had the carby off?

It sounds like you've got the gasket on wrong way around blocking the impulse (Fuel pump) hole

Your fuel lines could also be on the wrong way round but you've probably checked that already

Phill

Are you priming it before starting?

Is the fuel line from the exhaust to the fuel tank connected?

Yessabub

This thing is a POS everything is perfect yet it will still only run a second if I put fuel in the motor. I just cleaned the carb even and it fired right up and ran longer but then of course died I'm pretty done with redcat this is the second one I've bought and haven't got to use once

rcgasser

Yessabub said:
This thing is a POS everything is perfect yet it will still only run a second if I put fuel in the motor.
No you don't have everything perfect if its not running!!!!!!!!!!!! If everything was perfect it would be running!!!!!!! You have a air leak somewhere that you need to chase down if you are running gas from the carb and its not sucking from the tank. You were asked are you priming before you try to crank it???? and you never answered. Are you putting your finger over the pipe and pulling the pull handle slowly until you see the fuel pull from the tank into the fuel line into the motor????? Once the gas gets to the motor stop then put the glow plug igniter on the glow plug then crank. If the fuel is not pulling from the tank when you slowly pull the pull start then rich en the low needle some more until it pulls gas. Start with the low speed need flush at first.

I love how people say they have a piece of shit when they have no clue what they are doing from the start first learn what the heck you are doing and try to learn from there.

Yessabub

rcgasser said:
No you don't have everything perfect if its not running!!!!!!!!!!!! If everything was perfect it would be running!!!!!!! You have a air leak somewhere that you need to chase down if you are running gas from the carb and its not sucking from the tank. You were asked are you priming before you try to crank it???? and you never answered. Are you putting your finger over the pipe and pulling the pull handle slowly until you see the fuel pull from the tank into the fuel line into the motor????? Once the gas gets to the motor stop then put the glow plug igniter on the glow plug then crank. If the fuel is not pulling from the tank when you slowly pull the pull start then rich en the low needle some more until it pulls gas. Start with the low speed need flush at first.I love how people say they have a piece of shit when they have no clue what they are doing from the start first learn what the heck you are doing and try to learn from there.
lol if I can rebuild real car and truck motors im preety sure I know how this motor works I AM PRIMING it pulls fuel because I see it run through the tube and it will splash out the carb,if I continue to pull I then try to start and it does not fire ive tried every needle setting combination nothing works like I said it will fire if I put a little fuel in the motor but then dies after burning the fuel.

rcgasser

Ok if you can get a 1:1 car to run you really should have 0 problems at all to get a 1/10 nitro to run LMAO!!! so like I said you have an air leak in the carb, lines, tank, or some where that is not allowing it to continue to pull when you do get it crank open the throttle all the way open. Do you see bubbles in the line????? is gas coming out of the pipe??????. You will have to check each thing one at a time to find the air leak and put carb sealant on the carb. If you are getting it to run with only nitro you put in the carb its something small and minor its not an engine problem. When you pull on the remote and the carb line is the carb moving???? Once again you are there its just something real small left have to just eliminate everything.

andyken

A nitro engine is like a diesel, it likes to start at room temp or warmer, a hairdryer helps to preheat.

A way to set idle, looking in the carb you should have a 1mm opening in the carb for a rough idle start point.

Set needles to factory, then take the fuel pressure line off the exhaust.

Pinch the fuel line to the carb, and blow into the pressure line and listen for leaks from the fuel cap or damaged lines etc.

Un-pinch the fuel line and blow in until you see fuel get to the carb, then put pressure line back on pipe.

Try to start, if no start block the exhaust while cranking to choke it .

Some times a little throttle helps.

If it gets flooded it can "hydro lock", remove plug, flip over and crank engine over a little, put plug back and it "should" start....

Yessabub

I got it running finally sorry bout my attitude it's just been along time and a lot of money just to get one running for me anyways. My only issue is once I'm driving it's Slowly accelerating on its own so I constantly have to be on the brake so it doesn't fly away lol is there a way to get it to just stop and idle when I'm not actually accelerating it

Yessabub

OK I'm worried I don't have the gears set right because it stopped moving you could accelerate the motor but the wheels wouldn't move I pulled the motor off to check because I wanted to replace the original clutch shoes with the aluminum ones anyways. It's working again but making a sound and it will stall occasionally Idk

Yessabub

rcgasser said:
Check the grub screws in the diff cups.
They look fine but I did notice the black plastic gears are loose feeling is that normal? I can wiggle them away from each other a bit also do the new clutch shoes look alright? The don't go in perfectly even like the original ones did so I didn't know if that was a problem

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online