• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Running Hpi 5b rear wheels

MSLR

Hi all

I am after information / comments on running hpi 5b rear wheels on the front and rear on my xbe. Currently I have been running with the standard xbe wheels on a 8s ( hobbywing max 5 200amp/ toro beast 910kv ) set up using a 12t pinion with my motor temps running at 50 degrees. My question is if I go with the hpi rear wheels all round will I need to change the pinion size ( would I drop to a 11t ). Has anyone used this set up. Look forward to your reply's :)

RampageHopUps

Alot of people use my adapters and the larger Baja tires. You will need to drop a pinion size for sure. It really depends if you get Baja fronts or rears. Or even the 5T rears are alot bigger.

MSLR

I spent some time modifying some 24mm hex's I had lying around. Had to drill out the 24mm hex's then re sleeve with some metal tubing as had the 10mm ID to go over the axles, then taped the holes to 5mm for grub screws to go were the pins would have gone. Have mounted the 5b rear wheels all round as I like the dia of the 5b wheels tried the losi 5t wheels but didn't like the height. Would a 11t pinion be the go ? will post up some pics soon.

MSLR

Here is where I am at. My worry is if I use the 5b wheels is it going to put to much stress on my drive line?.

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

MSLR

Hi all

So after setting up the xbe with the 5b wheels I now need to look at my gearing options, I could go with a 11t pinion but the clearance with my can is going to pretty tight to the drive shaft, so now looking at changing the spur gear from 41t to 42t - 45 t. My question is where can I get a bigger metal spur gear or is there something out there that can be modified to fit the spur gear carrier. Look forward to your replys guys

Cheers :)

Kevin's xb

Hi all

So after setting up the xbe with the 5b wheels I now need to look at my gearing options, I could go with a 11t pinion but the clearance with my can is going to pretty tight to the drive shaft, so now looking at changing the spur gear from 41t to 42t - 45 t. My question is where can I get a bigger metal spur gear or is there something out there that can be modified to fit the spur gear carrier. Look forward to your replys guys

Cheers :)
I was wondering can I use the 24mm king motor wheel hex with pin and nuts to replace my XB square drives for more options on rims and tires. Any help from xb family Ramtech adapters aren't in budget. 4 kids lol

Phill

I was wondering can I use the 24mm king motor wheel hex with pin and nuts to replace my XB square drives for more options on rims and tires. Any help from xb family Ramtech adapters aren't in budget. 4 kids lol

AS above you'll have to sleeve em back to 10mm

Kevin's xb

What you mean sleeve then back, like rond it off to fit the shaft inside but what about the pins would I have to drill a hole for it also. Sorry not too smart when comes too that stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.