• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ring gear screws

fourwheeler

Man are those things tight. I got one loose and stripped the head of another. I am just wondering about applying a little heat to the head of the screw and see if that will help them turn loose. They are screwed into the plastic diff so I thought I would see if you guys had any options.

fourwheeler

Well I got them out but heat alone wouldn't do it. I ended up stripping 3 of them out and having to dremel a slot in them for a screw driver.

RampageHopUps

I just did mine tonight, and found no loctite at all. You are talking about the 4 ring gear screws in the diff right? Why would there be loctite on them, they screw into plastic?

fourwheeler

RampageHopUps said:
I just did mine tonight, and found no loctite at all. You are talking about the 4 ring gear screws in the diff right? Why would there be loctite on them, they screw into plastic?
Yeah that is the 4 I am talking about. They had some kind of goop on them but it wasn't exactly blue lock tite, I am not sure what it was really. After heating they came out but still not easily. Were yours that hard to get out?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts