• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Reverve Transmission motor Idea

Dongskie

RampageHopUps said:
What model has this sliding gear?
HPI Savage, its a separate module taht has to be installed inside the existing gearbox of the MT..

Dongskie

Rob your BL motor idea is actually great and feasible, no load at all even when coupled directly... gear, belt or shaft.

I think that's a great idea... I just need to think how to couple it to the drivetrain

ika

we can attach pulley to any diff gear's axle and install motor above,than connect by belt.

ika

what activating 3th channel, how to power motor?

Is it possible to connect ESC to channel 3 and operate at constant load?

Dongskie

ika said:
what activating 3th channel, how to power motor?Is it possible to connect ESC to channel 3 and operate at constant load?
and ESC is required for the 3rd channel and a power source..

on the 3rd channel, well that may depend on the type of radio you have, some basic Transmitters only have an On/Off 3rd channel switch or control, but for higher end radios, the 3rd channel can be programmed as well as it's EPA so that you can control the load of the motor, rather than full load right away when you flick the switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ika

I am going to buy new FlySky FS-IT4S, which is not available yet.

It has volt/speed/rpm/temp sensors.

It also has EPA on all channels.

robygon

What about a belt drive motor with a magnetic engagement pulley like the one on the automotive air condition compressors. Some people call it a magnetic clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ika

robygon said:
What about a belt drive motor with a magnetic engagement pulley like the one on the automotive air condition compressors. Some people call it a magnetic clutch.
Problem is the size, I don't think that exists small enough to fit in rc.

I think it will not be a problem if permanently attach brushless motor.

RampageHopUps

Dongskie said:
I think that's a great idea... I just need to think how to couple it to the drivetrain
I was thinking about using the same exact gear that goes 90 degrees into the center drives. I haven;t read a manual in a long time, but add another gear opposite the brakes,

RampageHopUps

RampageHopUps said:
Yes, I agree for the home made versions, the pulleys are easier. For a machine shop version, the gear would certainly be cheaper. If it rains this weekend, I will fool around with some ideas.
Its raining real bad now. I guess Saturday will be Redcat day.

Greggfromohio

Back in the 90's ski doo came out with a vary interesting way to reverse their snowmobiles. With the engine running, you push a button to activate the reverse. It then kills the spark to the engine and waits for it to slow way down. Right before the engine completely stalls the spark returns with advanced timing, the advanced explosion causes the piston to go back down the bore before reaching top dead center so the engine will start running in reverse. If the button is pushed again the spark will return to its regular timing and fire the engine forward again. I realize that a complex system like this would not be feasible in a rc vehicle but hey, a guy can dream can't he?*

RampageHopUps

Yeah, turtle racing was trying to get that to work about 7 years ago. Never did find anyone to do the electronics.

robygon

I have a not so complicated and no need for a computer either.

An electric motor with a gear to connect with the center gear under the throttle servo with a spring action level actuated by a servo and a limit switch.

The servo pulls down the motor to engage with the gear and touching the limit switch, making the motor spin. When the servo stop receiving the signal the sping pull the motor upward disengaging the limit switch and stopping the motor.

Something like a starter motor without the use of a selenoid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts