• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Replacement Throttle\Brake Servo Options

307_Proud

With a little over a gallon through my MT, my throttle servo decided to die out on me. Frustrated! Luckily I was just driving around slowly and wasnt gettin too carried away! The servo will extend to throttle, and wont retract. If I move it back by hand and pull the throttle it works but still does not retract. I tried it on the streering channel as well. So I know its the servo. So, what is a good solid cheap replacement?

ika

Mine fried in same way, lost brake on full throttle, thanks to kill switch.

I now use E-maxx stock steering servo, its about 6kg and it lock wheels without any problem.

You don't need high torque servo for brake/throttle , up 10kg is enough, even can buy analog servo, but get some reputable brand.

kh0de91

ika said:
Mine fried in same way, lost brake on full throttle, thanks to kill switch.I now use E-maxx stock steering servo, its about 6kg and it lock wheels without any problem.

You don't need high torque servo for brake/throttle , up 10kg is enough, even can buy analog servo, but get some reputable brand.
IKA....what E-maxx throttle servo part no. did you use, like to change mine to.. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

307_Proud

I don't have a kill switch yet, thankfully I was just runnin the truck real slow when I noticed it! I need a kill switch! Gonna look into some of these options. Nothing against Traxxas, but they are pretty proud of their little blue servos!

1RC5

Looks like the Savox SV-0220MG will work and only cost $29 shipped.

Ordered one but won't be able to report on it for about a month.

307_Proud

I ended up going with the Traxxas 2075 HT servo. I will have to see how it pans out. I was in a local hobby store and had the option to buy a cheaper Futaba, spent around $34 for the Traxxas.

307_Proud

I have to rant! I know these Redcats are not Losis or HPIs, but man did they skimp out in some areas, Mainly the electronics! I first lost my T/B servo with less than a gallon through it, replaced with Traxxas 2075. 2nd, lost one Steering servo, pulled it out to just run the one, not much more run time and the 2nd servo is no dead! Im extremely happy with the engines performance, but the electronics are CHEAP! I knew firsthand when opting to buy the Redcat that I would have some issues, and these can all be fixed. Knock on wood, the engine has been very reliable. I don't get much time to run it, but I try to make sure I start it at least every 2 weeks, let it warm up, even if I don't have time to run it. 3 primes, 2 pulls on choke and a sure fire. Just had to rant about the electronics! Sorry if Im offending anyone, I know the joys of RC, if you aint fixin it you aint havin fun.

Ice_2k

Were your endpoints set ok? I was pretty happy with the steering servo. The throttle/brake is indeed crap.

P.S. Why are you starting it every 2 weeks?

Phill

307_Proud said:
I ended up going with the Traxxas 2075 HT servo. I will have to see how it pans out. I was in a local hobby store and had the option to buy a cheaper Futaba, spent around $34 for the Traxxas.
Personally I would have bought the Futaba.

I had to change to Futaba radio to run the kill switch but am still running stock servos after 2+ yrs.

The solder comes unstuck in the steering servo connections but is an easy fix.

rickcrashers

I purchased 2 redcat xt's, one has been trouble free except for a few screws falling out , loctite fixed that, but the second truck ran about 1/2 gallon of fuel thru it and the steering servo failed, redcat send me another no charge, but then after replacing the steering servo the throttle went wide open while setting still, luckily I was able to get it to roll over and ran and hit the kill button, but after replacing the servo with a Jr sport high torque servo on the second tank while putting on the body clip it ran away again, this time into a tree and have a lot of damage. Was told to summit a warranty claim maybe they would fix it, But the freight to ship it to them and wait would cost as much as the parts I need to fix it, minus a body. Now I am afraid to run the other truck, because my brother in law purchased one and it just went to wide open and fried the servo.. was told to by a remote kill switch, looks to me as many people that this is happening to redcat should supply the remote kill switch..

GCraig

Rick crashers

Are you using the stock transmitter and reciever?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.