• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Reed ported

Timmahh

im not sure, depending on motor, it may be too much for the driveline in its current setup. I know Rob is getting stronger gears. i guess it would depend on how well the current drive line is holding up and what motor you went with.

i know alot of folks do well with obros, but imho, Trevor Simpson and Doug Johns at ESP (Earth Surfer Products) are the Reed Kings.

Gas Jocky

I got a 27.2 reed ported in my Rampage, my buddies got the raceported 28.5 in his. Unless I've just got a lemon engine the 28.5 outperforms the 27.2 by far. I bought the stroked and reed ported because it's supposed to have better torque for these heaver trucks but like I said maybe I got a dud engine??

Timmahh

Gas, a few things to keep in mind. the 27.2 is a 34mm bore with 2mm crank. the 2mm will lose a tad bit of top rpm from the longer crank. the 28.5 should be using the 28mm stock stroke crank. thus a bit more top rpm.

now on the reed. is it a Reed Cage or a Reed Case? who built it for you or did you build it? what reed porting was done? Does it have the 5th transfer port?

when running a reed setup, they need to have pretty different porting done to work as they should, so the porting for the reed directly effect the motors performance.

and where are you loosing at? take off, topend? power out of a corner?

and lastly how much fuel has been run thru them? if your buddy has 4 gallons thru his, and you ve only got 2 tanks thru yours, that too can effect the performance. a new motor takes a few tanks (3-5) to fully wear in and loosen up.

Pipe choice is a HUGE effect on how the motors run. so what pipes do you each have installed? and finally what carb and how is the tune on each?

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts