• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Rampage XT-E Hobbywing Max5, 5692 1000KV, 8S

cjr1985car

Here's my new Redcat Rampage XT-E with a Kershaw Designs motor mount, Leopard 5692 1000KV motor with 10t pinion (41 spur), Hobbywing Max5 200a ESC, 8s powered (two 4s lipos in series).

I haven't run it yet, will start testing tonight :)

25280732716_d246585247_c.jpg

24274160243_9feef08297_z.jpg

24605570460_cef3051caf_z.jpg

Thanks for all the knowledgable people on this forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

cjr1985car

A few more pics:

krebidoux

I see you bought your motor mount from kershaw design. I'll never deal with Dan again. I bought the same thing from him and after getting the run around I finally got it and it wasn't even the right one. Tried calling him but he won't return my call. I'll never waist my money on his shit again.

cjr1985car

krebidoux,

Thats a bummer. My dealings have been good with Dan, but I will most likely be upgrading to the 7075 mount when available. The Kershaw Designs mount gets the job done, but I had to work through a couple issues like how to retain the spur gear cover to keep the rear aluminum chassis brace level or what spacers to use to keep the new motor mount brace level from the front bulkhead to center spur gear mount.

It all worked out in the end and it was a fun project for me.

-Colton

krebidoux

I have the same motor you have but 720kv. First he said his mounts had a flaw so he was getting more. He said 2-3 weeks so I said ok I'll wait. Almost a month later I contact him and he said 1.5 more weeks and he'll send me an invoice when he gets them. Once again I said ok. 2 more weeks goes by and no invoice so I emailed him. Couple days later he sends me an email saying it cleared customs. What happened to the invoice? Well ok then it's almost here I says to myself. Came in the mail and I opened it up and looked at it and thought it was a little small so I grabbed my motor and sure enough won't even come close to working. It'll work perfectly if I was using a 1/8 scale motor. So I said **** the email I'm calling him. And of course he won't return my call. My buddy was going to order some shit from him but not now. I won't waist money or time on his business again.

cjr1985car

That sucks, I just ordered everything off his website. Emailed him on a couple questions, but always handled the transactions through his site.

krebidoux

That's what I did. Ordered off the site. He contacted me to tell me there was a problem with the part and was waiting for the new ones. I made sure when I ordered it that it was for the larger motor. Sending the wrong part like that after all the run arounds is unexceptable. And not returning a call to try a sort it out is nothing more then piss ass business. I've given him till tomorrow to respond and if not then I'm going to make sure people are aware of his antics. I may even put a claim in against him. I live in canada with exchange and shipping it cost me around $120. So needless to say I'm not happy.

krebidoux

Dan just called me finally. He's sending me another mount. I may have miss judged him. He seems to be making it right.

DougSeger

On your stock ESC what were the battery connector types? XT-60? Would like to know this when i buy new batteries for the XTE - thanks

Dr_T

Nice set-up! How do you like the motor and ESC so far?

Was the motor fan really necessary? What motor temp did you run at?

cjr1985car

I love the motor and ESC. The ESC was literally plug and play (no setup necessary, no issues, no spark when plugging in lipos, flawless, plus the packaging and the fact that its waterproof rocks).

The motor is a powerhouse. In the back of my mind I would like to try a 5698 835kv, but then I would lose some of the ludicrous speed and the truck already has enough torque to blow the tires off at low RPM's.

The temps measured before fans were 80-90 degrees fahrenheit, but I'm in the dead of winter, so I was anticipating the temps to go up in the summer, but the fan is probably overkill.

Heres a little testing i did yesterday. Cant hold the throttle for more than a few seconds, It jumps really nice at the end, easy to correct the level of the truck in the air.

Very happy with the truck.

-Colton

cjr1985car

Also something to note. The lipos used in the this video were 5000mah 20-30c discharge 4S in series. Not really up to the discharge task, I've got the extended range SMC 6700mah 60c discharge units that will show up on Friday. It will be interesting to see if I can tell a difference in performance.

-Colton

DougSeger

I took mine out today and i lost 3 body clips right off the bat , had trouble with the front body clips fitting correctly because the body wouldnt go down far enough on the posts to push the clips through - did you have the same problem?

cjr1985car

DougSeger,

I've got the same issue. I raised up the front body posts (leveled the body front to rear) so i can bend them forward with my hand when installing or removing the front body clips.

-Colton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts