• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Rampage MT Runaway

GabeTheBabe45

Hey guys. I recently, well actually a couple days ago just bought a 2nd hand rampage mt. really good condition. stock radio and everything. it was working fine the whole day, then I go to this park and it comes at me full throttle hauling all the ass. I had to end up kicking it over, which led to me getting badly injured, the truck only just snapped the wheel off after doing a full backflip off my shin. after when I managed to get the motor shut off, I did a second range check and after about 20 feet, the throttle gets stuck wide open. Is this a sign for a new radio and receiver? or new servos?
Let me know, kind of scared to use it now if it is going to do that
Thanks

-Gabe

Impalassman

batteries in the remote or the truck could be bad or just real low voltage. its time for a kill switch. i use the killer RC one. it has many good qualities. they be purchased on DDM or on the killer RC website. worth every penny to not hurt a kid or myself or any innocent watcher. there are cheaper ones but in my opinion this is the better choice. i have heard of someone getting a leg broke from a runaway.

ambertbrereton2012

Hey guys. I recently, well actually a couple days ago just bought a 2nd hand rampage mt. really good condition. stock radio and everything. it was working fine the whole day, then I go to this park and it comes at me full throttle hauling all the ass. I had to end up kicking it over, which led to me getting badly injured, the truck only just snapped the wheel off after doing a full backflip off my shin. after when I managed to get the motor shut off, I did a second range check and after about 20 feet, the throttle gets stuck wide open. Is this a sign for a new radio and receiver? or new servos?
Let me know, kind of scared to use it now if it is going to do tha
Tha

-Gabe
First thing you need to do bro is to get online and order one of those super bee switch.I made the same mistake to operate my mt monster without it and the throttle got stuck and it ran away and nearly cost me some $$$.That is what it is used for whenever you lose control all you do is switch off your radio and it cuts off the monster. Hey and make shore u get the buzzer with it. You can get it from (KILLER RC) or some other place that sells Rc stuff

Sorry about this I meant to say (SUPER BEE) NOT killer bee

Last edited:

edl

Also get yourself a battery checker they very reasonably priced, but worth it, that the first thing I check before taking the truck out, I also do RC planes so it's a habit now.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 12

JR_B70

Yep super bee first thing I did with mine. I haven’t needed it but it’s there for safety. The buzzer is included at the moment from killerrc

owen91

i use dynamite kill switch on a 3 channel radio. i suggest you look into super bee kill switch or similar like dynamite asap

i been in the rc nitro game since 2006 never once used any kill switch then on to 1/5 scale in 2012 but in summer 2018 my XT went nuts almost full throttle did 20 circles tried to stop it . hit the sidewalk flew 5 feet in air then slammed onto a tree stump lol doing like 20mph was about 200$ damages never checked the chassis but could be bent even after that both my xt mt got new radios and kill switches
My fear is not the $$$ costs to repair...its hitting - PERSON and or a pet or property

the13bats

When i first got into rc there were no kill switches. Then late 70s for failsafe We would run 2 rx and battery packs one to the throttle one to the steering,
At the speeds these nitro boats were hitting it was worth it,

When i did r&d for weedboats failsafes were a pretty big board but worked okay
I wouldnt run any rc vehicle without a engine kill, most new rx have fail safe bult in however killing the engine on these beasts is the best, you hit property or a person expect a lawsuit

G-Man

I had the same thing happen using a Flysky it4s radio system and stock servos. I put Futaba and replaced the throttle servo with a Savox. Good since. The Killer RC Super Bee saved my ass being able to hit the channel 3 button to kill the engine. So yes. I would get a quality radio system and a good throttle servo that is waterproof.

mdknightrider

Let me know, kind of scared to use it now if it is going to do that
Thanks

-Gabe
Okay, first things first, REPLACE CONTROLLER AND RECEIVER, THEN INSTALL A KILLER RC KILL SWITCH, IF IT GOES OUT OF RANGE, OR IT LOSES BATTERY SIGNAL, IT (K I L L S) THE ENGINE PREVENTING A RUNAWAY. BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS KILLING THE SPARK TO THE SPARK PLUG!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.