• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Announces V4 Monster Truck

RampageHopUps

Alright folks, I spent the afternoon at Redcat Racing today discussing a new version of the Monster Truck. Now is your chance to tell Redcat what you want in a brand new design. Please help us make the greatest Large Scale Monster Truck on the planet by telling us what you want changed.

talunceford

Phill said:
Losi style drive train??
Damn it Phill! You beat me to it! LOL! I second that idea! The gears are great, but kind of a pain to deal with. Get away from the plastic gear carriers.

MTMIKE

Yes one big strong servo for steering, but include throttle/brake as much better quality. Stronger drivetrain throughout, battery box big enough for lipo. Better and stronger roll cage. Better looking bodies that do not break as easy. Better foams in the tires. Bigger and stronger shocks with spring options. Overall huge quality improvement .......

Phill

talunceford said:
Damn it Phill! You beat me to it! LOL! I second that idea! The gears are great, but kind of a pain to deal with. Get away from the plastic gear carriers.
Either that or a belt drive

I swear by mine

andyken

Aluminium diff's, big bearings that don't over heat all around, better turn buckle links, better foams, normal wheel hex, gearing options, remote kill switch...some thing you can jump/bash without breaking too often

jackson

lighter but stronger!

take for example the way on road cars are built, lighter but stiff chassis, biffed up diff cases, bigger bearings, longer wheelbase (more body options) bigger shocks all around, 3ch radio, kill switch , more scaled look bodies, modular drive train, more gearing options, a 34cc plus engine, out the box! i don't know i could go on and on!

but still maintaining the price range wich we all know it is possible!!!

Ice_2k

I have a 1/8 nitro monster truck from Thunder Tiger and it has a 2-speed transmission with reverse gear. I would LOVE something like that on a 1/5 scale.

jackson

side and rear!!

i think it all comes down to what kind of driving and body choices we're going to have!! some body's will work fine with a rear mount pipe, when others won't so my point of view will be having both choices, rear and side, wich it could be chosen at the moment of purchasing!!!

jackson

better drive train, tuned pipe, strong reliable servo, and longer wheelbase will be a must right out of the box!!!

designed2survive

If Redcat creates a truck with all of the goodies mentioned above, are we ready to pay for it? Beefing up, upgrading and adding better parts comes with a price. Redcat could built that great truck but I don't think we will all be paying the price.

So my contribution would be that Redcat keeps the price point low but makes critical upgrade parts available for those who wants them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

That seems fair. Maybe even more complex parts could be optional upgrades, like the reverse/2-speed transmission. I would definetely buy that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.