• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Announces V4 Monster Truck

phreerider

belt drive easiest production element with out any change (of merit) to design of platform.

i would think cost at production level would be very close to gears

it would be a part reduction step.

unique, fresh element.

match to existing hardware.

widen range of driveline power tolerance.

reduce shock load concentration and lash of drive line.

lighter motor wind up

ackerman keeper! something to retain bar link.

snap top electronic box +1

stretch scale up a notch , if that remediation is on the table .

and chassis stiffen definitely and esp. with stretch

FMcamaroZ28

how about balancing of the tires! they wobble around so much!

Better servos all around, Li-po option is a good one but probably wont happen

HPI compatible hubs would save everyone the hassle of changing them out and expand tire options

Upgraded carb - I had no issues but i know a lot of people do.

Better killswitch? Thats the first thing everyone should do anyway.

Darack73

Duel disk brakes to adjust front and rear individually. Center diff, a-arm hinge pins that don't go threw the diffs. Similar to a 5ive or something. Too many times the diff blows out leaving the arm and pin fine.

ROCKHEART

Wow a v4!!!!!! This is the best rc news I've had in ages lol. Some great ideas too.

battery box- the best suggestion so far and should be pretty easy for redcat to redesign and implicate.

roll cage- IMO it sits waaay too low and needs to follow the contours of the body more.

wheels/tyres- the main part that makes the rampage stand out from the crowd. How about some tyre options? Knobbly,,,,spiked.....tarmac

definetly needs better foams.

dalentx

i have the rampage mt v3 truck....i purchased the DDM Dominator pipe for mine...i have the walbro 1107 carb as well...let me tell you its like i have a whole other truck now,...runs like a bat out of hell with this pipe...just my 2 cents

Burlzabra

''if your dream truck came with all the bells a whistles what would you do with it other than drive and clean it?
ones journey should never be the same, i think its better to explore what the uncertain future has to offer rather than be told how to do it & what to do it with.''

all bullshit aside the new truck needs a bigger ball sack lets be honest now, if anybody says you don't need MORE POWER!... stay away from them you don't need that kind of negativity in your life :p

Impalassman

Very good ideas I would love to see optional body styles maybe even a car body? Tire and wheel options would be awesome too. I just had mine chromed to help them be different.

pfrederi1

Heres my suggestions. these are the things that Ive experienced and would like to see improved upon. Please don't take this as me bashing (pun intended):) but its just what i experienced and would like to see which I think will benefit everyone in the long run even your business.

1) To begin with make the truck more reliable out of the box. Ive spent way too much time and money just to get it to run and run right. And please have it go thru proper QC before customers get it. From parts screws failing and falling out after spending $1300 that should not be a common thing as soon as you get the truck. Ive had to send back the first one i got and was going to send this one back but figure i would stick it out.

2) Make the truck truer to scale if possible. For example It seems the shocks on this truck is the same shock used for the buggies and others in the redcat line. I have an xcr 1000 buggie that has beefier parts shocks and is slightly bigger than the MT and theyre both supposed to be 5th scale. don't get me wrong the MT is a monster but it could be truer to scale.

3) Make it an actual truck and not a buggie chassis with monster tires. When i really looked at this truck i thought wow this thing really has no ground clearance. My XCR buggie has the same ground clearance. I dnt think a truck should have the arms horizontal with the chassis. to me thats a car. Part of the reason me getting this truck was because i thought i would really have superior ground clearance to anything else and be able to go pretty much anywhere but i saw it was moreso the big tires that gave it its clearance. The chassis has these stops on there that does not allow the suspension arms to travel past that.

4) Have more body styles to choose from. Also have more wheels and tires to choose from it seems theres not much to be able to make your MT your own. You really have to go digging and then some modifications may be needed. Also please have more tuned pipe rear mounts to choose from.

Fun truck once you get it to run right
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.