• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Announces V4 Monster Truck

Billy

I have read a lot of great ideas but most of it sounds as if this would be made as the "V4 pro version" and out of the price range for most.

It would be great if we could build our own truck from the start with available upgrades from factory like:

3rd channel kill switch

7.4v hv digital steering/throttle servo w/single steering servo

Lipo receiver pack (and battery box to accept)

Belt drive

Tuned pipe

Aluminum roll cage

Rally tires

Led light kit

These are some things I would select if I were able to build my own when purchasing from a Redcat dealer.

But it would also be great if some of these things came standard like the kill switch and servos!!

02RedWS6TA

A kit with a decent manual would be my biggest want.

They would just need someone from America to make a good manual for it. I just finished my Yeti XL build and the manual was awesome.

As far as the rtr version biggest thing I can see to make it more user friendly is again the carb/plug/intake. When I was researching those and the servos had to be the biggest complaints. A new person that can't get their brand new truck started definitely isn't buying another redcat.

I like the 3rd channel radio suggestion too. That and a factory kill switch would be great add ons.

almighty15

There's some silly things in this thread and people have left out some obvious flaws!

1. Booted drive cups and CVD's all round

2. Beefier and stronger drive cups

3. A stronger chassis as I've bent a few

4. Centre diff would be nice but not really needed

5. 24mm hex drives as standard

6. 4-bolt engine as standard

7. Make it easy to fit normal servo's in the steering mounts instead of the stupid rounded edge ones that it comes with stock

8. A belt drive or some big change to the drive train to reduce rotational mass

9. Stronger lexan as the shell quality is piss poor at best

10. Better designed receiver box with easier access and more space for a decent sized battery, maybe a box with a flip lid like the Losi 5ive has.

RampageHopUps

Do you have any pictures of the bent chassis? I have some ideas for stiffening, but I need to see where they bent.

krebidoux

I've bent one myself. Not a big crash but it landed on the nose. I flipped it over and heard a bad noise in it, when I looked at it it was bent in the middle where the side is cut out for the gears.

designed2survive

The cutout could be a problem, but even if gone, the chassis remains a 4mm thick chassis that is not sturdy enough for the stress (flex) created in 1/5 scale rigs. 5mm or even better 6.25 (1/4"). All of my homemade chassis are 1/4" thick with front kick up. I have landed nose first on hard pavement with no damage. 4mm is just not strong enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

almighty15

RampageHopUps said:
Do you have any pictures of the bent chassis? I have some ideas for stiffening, but I need to see where they bent.
I don't matey as I've sold my MT.......... If they address the big issues with a V4 I may buy another one.

almighty15

That battery box also needs looking at, it's cramped and awkward to get into...... Even a simple charge port like the HPI Baja's battery box has would be such a massive help!

designed2survive

If Redcat had a commitment that enough buyers will pay a new truck costing $750-900 I think they will deliver the upgrades (the important and realistic ones) that have been mentioned. Until then our best bet for a cheaper price may be a roller (sign me up for that). Unless we want to commit to the price above.

RampageHopUps

I suggested a roller back 5 years ago and they brought them in. They sat around for 2 years. A roller is going to be a hard sell. But, maybe it's time again to sell a roller, Ported engine and good electronics as a package kit.

designed2survive

Today there is indeed a market for it, the 5ive roller and Baja 5B SS are flying off the shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.