• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Racing Announces V4 Monster Truck

designed2survive

- beefed up drivetrain

- thicker chassis or available as an upgrade

- just a roller form (no engine, no electronics, no radio)

- no wheels

- keep the same drivetrain layout. It works and is fully modular.

That would keep price down for Redcat and customer and would allow everyone to have his personal dream machine.

Think about it, what goes first in upgrades? Engine, electronic and radio and to some extent wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

krebidoux said:
If they keep the same style drive train then how about a center diff?
Current drive train is a big power loss as well as generating heat.

The less times a drive train changes direction the less the power loss that's why Losi is so efficient.

krebidoux

I can't see it being too difficult to put in a center diff. It would make the cats more competitive on the track witch may boost sales.

RampageHopUps

I agree with an upgrade for the center diff. I was supposed to do it last summer, but never got around to it. Hopefully for this V4 version, as a Hop-Up.

jackson

all good!

sounds like the V4 MT will be a beast not to mess with!!!

02RedWS6TA

Better servos, body that won't break just looking at it, better bearings, HPI compatible wheel hubs, kit version, roller version. Better quality shocks/shock seals. A center mounting point for the front/rear diffs. Pay RPM to make the cage and control arms so they don't fall apart when the wind blows.

A kit version would great as long as they had a good manual like axials/yeti manual with full size scale parts drawings in it. I know I'd have rather put it together with better bearings and screws from the start.

Edit: from a reliability stand point add aluminum intake gaskets, ngk plug, and a walbro carb straight at the factory. How many people post on here because they can't even get them started? It would probably cost the factory $10 per unit once the switch was made and make a huge difference on customer satisfaction.

krebidoux

02RedWS6TA said:
Better servos, body that won't break just looking at it, better bearings, HPI compatible wheel hubs, kit version, roller version. Better quality shocks/shock seals. A center mounting point for the front/rear diffs. Pay RPM to make the cage and control arms so they don't fall apart when the wind blows.A kit version would great as long as they had a good manual like axials/yeti manual with full size scale parts drawings in it. I know I'd have rather put it together with better bearings and screws from the start.

Edit: from a reliability stand point add aluminum intake gaskets, ngk plug, and a walbro carb straight at the factory. How many people post on here because they can't even get them started? It would probably cost the factory $10 per unit once the switch was made and make a huge difference on customer satisfaction.
Can't help but laugh when you mentioned manual. I bought my xb when it first came out. When I received it I opened the box pulled it all out and grabbed the manual. To my surprise they gave me a manual for one of there 1/10 scale electric cars. Don't know how they messed that one up. Lol

krebidoux

I know. That's what the Internet is for. Laughed my ass off when I saw the wrong manual. If I recall right I believe it was for the 1/10 2wd buggy. How in the world did someone not see the difference between the two.

Ice_2k

the 5th scale gas manual tells you to drive at no more than 5000rpm for 8 (EIGHT) hours. That can be difficult for two reasons:

1. There is no tachometer so how would you know how 5000rpm sounds like?

2. The clutch engages at 6000rpm so there wouldn't be much "driving" at 5000rpm :) )

But we're hijacking what is actually a useful topic :)

phreerider

kit version!

roller kit version!

for the $ the RTR stuff seems OK, but they are selling to first time buyer, prolly non-hobbyists,

a la carte add ons - belt drive, serious pipe/carb combos, ultra fat shaft shocks, alloy diff boxes those are all good ones

jumbo bearings from clutch to wheel and disease level shocks... these are what i think are workable elements without butchering an already good basic design.

power ready guts! and strong legs that makes a great hobby level platform , a belt drive would really set it apart and super easy to add without any redesign AND retro fit older units!

Ice_2k

Would a SC body be possible on the MT? Also, a way to start the engine without removing the body would be nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts