• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat MT Bearing Go to Guide

Slimneill

So I snapped a rear Universal Drive Joint (050009) 1" down the shaft from the Diff and then lost the Pin in the front UDJ that goes into the hub.

So it's time to upgrade, I've been reading around and started to realize that the MT isn't the upgrade happy truck that the smaller XB and XT are. I'm guessing wither less sold or it doesn't have the systemic weaknesses that the other RC have.

Either case, when I was removing the rear joints to take out the broken shafts I realized that the back hub bearings are seized up in the same side. So time to replace bearings too.

I?m planning on upgrading to dog bones in all 4 corners. I haven?t torn apart the diffs yet, is there a specific dif fluid that I should be putting back in it? Any brands recommended? What quantity is needed? I use the truck for bashing at the beach mostly.

Back to Bearings:

I can only find one RedcatMT kit from Fast Eddy. I'd put up a link but I don't think that is allowed? Correct me if I'm wrong. Can we put links in here?

It?s a Redcat Rampage MT 1/5th Sealed Bearing Kit for $37

I find the manual to be horrible for determining part quantities of parts are needed. SO I?ll list what I think are the totals below for other's future reference and for my own lol.

The MT requires 4 different bearing sizes from what I can gather:

Part# 50068 10x22x7

Part# 50069 12x24x6

Part# 50045 10x26x8

Part# 50070 8x22x7

From that I was able to find in the manual:

Qty 1 of 10x22x7 . It is used in the brake disk assembly.

Qty 11 of 10x26x8. They are used in the Diffs/Gear boxes and clutch.

2 per front & rear diff Box + 2 per front & rear Gear Box + 2 for center diff + 1 for the clutch bell assembly = 11 total

Qty 8 of 12x24x6. They are used in the hubs, 2 per corner 8 total

Qty 4 of 8x22x7. They are 4 used in the transmission gear plate. I can?t find a 5th bearing as the kit suggests?

The Fast Eddy?s kit includes:

(1) 10x22x6

(11) 10x26x8 -

(8) 12x24x6

(5) 8x22x7

I?m not sure of the quality of these bearings, but the price is cheaper than if I were to buy them from Redcat again and I?m sure anything is an upgrade form the redcat bearings.

Is there any lubricant that I should be getting to protect these bearings from sand/dirt/water to get longer life? Especially the hub wheel bearings? Half were seized up and rusty with less than 10 tanks of fuel.

Thanks for the help, I come here and read all the advice on here all the time, just trying to give back.

Dan

Phill

Slimneill said:
So I snapped a rear Universal Drive Joint (050009) 1" down the shaft from the Diff and then lost the Pin in the front UDJ that goes into the hub.So it's time to upgrade, I've been reading around and started to realize that the MT isn't the upgrade happy truck that the smaller XB and XT are. I'm guessing wither less sold or it doesn't have the systemic weaknesses that the other RC have.

Either case, when I was removing the rear joints to take out the broken shafts I realized that the back hub bearings are seized up in the same side. So time to replace bearings too.

I?m planning on upgrading to dog bones in all 4 corners. I haven?t torn apart the diffs yet, is there a specific dif fluid that I should be putting back in it? Any brands recommended? What quantity is needed? I use the truck for bashing at the beach mostly.

Back to Bearings:

I can only find one RedcatMT kit from Fast Eddy. I'd put up a link but I don't think that is allowed? Correct me if I'm wrong. Can we put links in here?

It?s a Redcat Rampage MT 1/5th Sealed Bearing Kit for $37

I find the manual to be horrible for determining part quantities of parts are needed. SO I?ll list what I think are the totals below for other's future reference and for my own lol.

The MT requires 4 different bearing sizes from what I can gather:

Part# 50068 10x22x7

Part# 50069 12x24x6

Part# 50045 10x26x8

Part# 50070 8x22x7

From that I was able to find in the manual:

Qty 1 of 10x22x7 . It is used in the brake disk assembly.

Qty 11 of 10x26x8. They are used in the Diffs/Gear boxes and clutch.

2 per front & rear diff Box + 2 per front & rear Gear Box + 2 for center diff + 1 for the clutch bell assembly = 11 total

Qty 8 of 12x24x6. They are used in the hubs, 2 per corner 8 total

Qty 4 of 8x22x7. They are 4 used in the transmission gear plate. I can?t find a 5th bearing as the kit suggests?

The Fast Eddy?s kit includes:

(1) 10x22x6

(11) 10x26x8 -

(8) 12x24x6

(5) 8x22x7

I?m not sure of the quality of these bearings, but the price is cheaper than if I were to buy them from Redcat again and I?m sure anything is an upgrade form the redcat bearings.

Is there any lubricant that I should be getting to protect these bearings from sand/dirt/water to get longer life? Especially the hub wheel bearings? Half were seized up and rusty with less than 10 tanks of fuel.

Thanks for the help, I come here and read all the advice on here all the time, just trying to give back.

Dan
Try your local bearing shop and get good quality rubber sealed hi speed bearings

chapinb

Boca bearings had kits for my xbe. They may for the mt too. My stockers seized pretty quick. Been running boca green seals without fail however.

If you can't find a kit, buy them individually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online