• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat main supplier customer service

cable97526

Just so everone knows up front this is a rant so there are no hard feelings towards any one person or company. With that being said, I purchased my Rampage Mt 2 weeks before christmas at my local LHS, I ran it for one tank and the front lower control arm broke (I know there bad) It didn't really bother me at the time because I had already ordered the upgrade kit, aluminum gear plate, steel gears, and new servos. So it didn't bother me that it broke I understand the weaknesses of the rig. Heres my problem my local hobby shop owner is a great guy and an excelent business man, he placed the order for my parts the day I bought the truck, so in case it broke I'd have new ones on hand, well after waiting 2weeks I hadn't seen anything so I went down and talked to him and he called up Redcat while I was there (about 11:30 pacific time) and no one answered. He appologized and said he would keep on top of it. Well another week went by and Chad called and said no parts and no callback so I went down there being kinda miffed thinking he was joshing me and we called Redcat while I was there and to my ammazement no answer!!!!! :mad: Then He showed me the 4 emails he had sent to them with no replies!! this is CRAP!!! So we waited another week so now it's been five weeks so I decided to call Redcat myself and to my amazement they answered!!! I explained the situation to Cameron the gentelman I spoke with and instead of trying to help Chad the Hobby shop Owner out he just wanted to sell me the parts directly!!! I'm sorry guys I'm a true supporter of my local Hobby Shop and I beleive we need them, I can't beleive the manufacture would sidestep the dealer that is just wrong!!! So now we finally have my parts coming after almost six weeks of crap. I really love my Rage but if this is how they are going to treat the LHS then screw it who wants to buy an MT? :confused: again sorry about the length and the rant just had to get it off my chest before I exploded again:eek:

kryptonite

ya it sounds like a run-a-round. but i have to say, as great as my hobby shop is. THEY STILL SUCK! love goin there, love talkin with the guys, but thats it. for some reason getting parts in is hit or miss. sometimes they come in the next day, sometimes it takes 4+ weeks for a basic part. and i don't feel bad in the least calling the manufactor and have them treat me nice and send me my goods. thats what they are their for. its all about customer service. just like your hobby shop goes out of their way for a couple dollers, so did the guy on the phone. glad it all worked out. sucks it took so long.

cable97526

My Problem is that I have purchased Five vehicle from Chad and he is extremely good about carrying parts in stock for anything he sells, but the Redcat stuff he has one hell of a time getting, literally with my FG, crt.5, ax10, rustler and others he has almost every part on hand. I can assure you he is all over it I just don't see why the Manufacture can't treat him like they do us? I'm an impulse buyer and have not ordered one vehicle yet so if it werent for Chad stocking all these vehicle's I wouldn't buy them.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my parts but per Redcat they are supposedly shipped and do to arrive by the end of the week.

kryptonite

im an impulse buyer too. its really good that my shop only stocks "normal" size rc's.. ordering sucks! IM STILL WAITING... and also maybe its that the manufactorer doesn't up hold high standards for their shop owners like say.. the hardware store. i couldnt get my construction materials thru the manufactorer. you can call any rc manufacter and get parts sent straight to the house. its just the way it is. i don't really think its redcat looking over the shop owners, i think its one sales rep that just may have to much on his desk. i don't know how it works in rc land, but for me, when i want to order materials for my business i go thru my "rep." who deals with only the contractors. when he gives me a hard time, i leave him threatining messages and go straight to the counter where my truck gets loaded with all the things that he "couldnt find". it all comes down to the "rep".. thats why when you got on the phone you were handle right away.

IMADMAN

Keep in mind that a lot of hobby shops have a minimum order quantity/price they need to meet before actually placing the order. Your LHS MAY write down your wants, but the actual ordering may not take place for a while. It may not be beneficial for your LHS to order parts that ONLY you need, especially if his distributors don't carry the parts. In the end it would work like this- LHS orders parts, (MAY not meet the minimum order $$$ to qualify for a dealer discount) LHS in turn sells at retail + mark up + shipping.

In all honesty I think most hobbyist shop online nowdays, with the occasion trip to the LHS for minor "ALWAYS IN STOCK" items and the chance of finding a steal of a deal in store special.

Bryan 70546

cable97526 said:
My Problem is that I have purchased Five vehicle from Chad and he is extremely good about carrying parts in stock for anything he sells, but the Redcat stuff he has one hell of a time getting, literally with my FG, crt.5, ax10, rustler and others he has almost every part on hand. I can assure you he is all over it I just don't see why the Manufacture can't treat him like they do us? I'm an impulse buyer and have not ordered one vehicle yet so if it werent for Chad stocking all these vehicle's I wouldn't buy them.
P.S. I'm still waiting for my parts but per Redcat they are supposedly shipped and do to arrive by the end of the week.
You could allways get your parts from rob are daves motors are largescalerc

hellya

I can understand supporting your LHS....but why not order direct... yourself... from people who have the parts in stock?

Alot less wait/down time www.rampagehopups.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Bklyn77

I order my parts from anybody who has them in stock. I really don't like to wait 1 week for my stuff to come, I'm very impatiant. So all in all everybody gets my business, thats just the way it goes sometimes and please most of the hobby stores other than (Pro 5th Scale) here in New York & New Jersey don't stock 5th scale stuff just alot of 1/8 scale. :eek:

cable97526

Thanks for the replies guy's, My LHS does order immeadiatley he does not wait to order, like I said we were both there trying to get ahold of them. I don't mind paying shipping charges he incurs. He's also very good at stocking everything from 1/36 scale mini's to quite a few 1/5th scales including FG's Baja 5B's and the Redcat MT all in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
I only have a small LHS down the road from me, he has to order in all 1/5 scale parts...when i have time to wait for something i order from him to support the local business, I save on shipping and get a good deal but most of my parts i order online direct and all my fg parts I order by clicking the mouse.

RampageHopUps

Seriously, why your hobby shop is calling, instead of placing an online order? Its the easiest order system I have used. I place orders on my blackberry while I'm driving around town picking up anodized or machined parts. Then I stop by Redcat and the order is ready, in sometimes less than 15 minutes.

The guy at Redcat was being nice to you to get your parts faster.

chefjness

RampageHopUps said:
Seriously, why your hobby shop is calling, instead of placing an online order? Its the easiest order system I have used. I place orders on my blackberry while I'm driving around town picking up anodized or machined parts. Then I stop by Redcat and the order is ready, in sometimes less than 15 minutes.
The guy at Redcat was being nice to you to get your parts faster.
I have to agree!

prostock

jaysyourhandyman said:
and know the rampage inside and out:cool:
I have to say the closest LHS to me here on the island sucks! some of the guys that work there are aholes and only want the sale, not to help you.

I order online who has time to go to the lhs on a Saturday with all the traffic; what you spend in gas is you shipping fee. Then on the way home your rushing right cause all you want to do is install your part. Then some ahole cuts you off and the next thing you know your knocking him out, the cops come, your in jail with like $25k bail; all for a stupid suspension arm.

Relax order online, Pro5thsale and Rob they are all great guys and will help you make good decisions about you project, upgrade what ever your doing.

BRC

kryptonite

ya, ordering online is not for the light hearted. i wish their was just once that i could get in the car and run to the hobby shop to get something. cant stand waiting. im about to "wack" who ever is bringing my rig.. still not here..

bauerco

If you need to order gear, get it from Rob.

I ordered the upgrade kit on the 2nd of Jan, added steel gears to the order on the 3rd of Jan & received it in Melbourne Australia 7.20am the 9th of Jan Aussie time. Thats great, you can't ask for any better service than that.

TOP MARKS Rob well done, you get my #1 vote for customer service.

Keep it it up mate.

Soon to be modded mt

cable97526

Well to put an end to this heated discussion between ordering online and going to your LHS, I received a call last night from my LHS here and all my parts were in finally along with his stock order of parts. He now carrys almost all the breakable parts for the Redcat MT TT and almost every part available for the 5B. So now I can take a 10 min ride on anyday of the week until 9:00pm at night other than monday and pickup anything I break. I apologize for I see I have offended people on here with what I have said, I really wish you could all understand how nice it is to go down to the LHS and pick out a car you like on the shelf and not have to wait, and again when it does fail to take a short drive and be able to pickup what you need when your at the park on a saturday with your son and the truck breaks. I am a business owner myself and beleive me if my manufactures/suppliers sidesteped me like what was done here I wouldn't be able to make it. Thanks for all the replies and comments guys.

prostock

cable97526 said:
Well to put an end to this heated discussion between ordering online and going to your LHS, I received a call last night from my LHS here and all my parts were in finally along with his stock order of parts. He now carrys almost all the breakable parts for the Redcat MT TT and almost every part available for the 5B. So now I can take a 10 min ride on anyday of the week until 9:00pm at night other than monday and pickup anything I break. I apologize for I see I have offended people on here with what I have said, I really wish you could all understand how nice it is to go down to the LHS and pick out a car you like on the shelf and not have to wait, and again when it does fail to take a short drive and be able to pickup what you need when your at the park on a saturday with your son and the truck breaks. I am a business owner myself and beleive me if my manufactures/suppliers sidesteped me like what was done here I wouldn't be able to make it. Thanks for all the replies and comments guys.
Cable,

The parts will be in stock until someone else buy's them and you can't get them! J/K

I am glad that the LHS was able to fill the order and you have local access to your parts.

And being in business myself I know what you mean about not being able to fill and order, but here in NY we don't take no for an answer!

NYC Motto: Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week we always get it done!

BRC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts