• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat Aftershock 3.5 won't start

Liveride

Hello everyone. I'm new to the RC nitro hobby and just bought the Redcat Aftershock 3.5. I got the car to run on two gas tanks but on my third tank I was unable to get it to start. I did however manage to get it to start several times but it stalls right away like under 30 sec. I believe this is so because, after my second gas tank, being unable to get the engine running, I tried to adjust the High Speed needle, idle needle, and low speed needle. I really messed up the factory settings and now it's so hard to get it running.

My questing is, how do I restore the High and low speed needle. I need to know, for example if I screw in clockwise the High/low speed needle until it stops, how many counter clockwise do I turn back to restore factory setting?

If I choose to flush these two screw to the edge to even the tips, how many clockwise do I turn in to restore factory settings? I see so many tutors saying one thing and another, I just don't know which is right for my truck. Please someone advise me so I could operate my truck and start to enjoy as a beginner in the RC nitro hobby. Thanks

Phill

Liveride said:
Hello everyone. I'm new to the RC nitro hobby and just bought the Redcat Aftershock 3.5. I got the car to run on two gas tanks but on my third tank I was unable to get it to start. I did however manage to get it to start several times but it stalls right away like under 30 sec. I believe this is so because, after my second gas tank, being unable to get the engine running, I tried to adjust the High Speed needle, idle needle, and low speed needle. I really messed up the factory settings and now it's so hard to get it running. My questing is, how do I restore the High and low speed needle. I need to know, for example if I screw in clockwise the High/low speed needle until it stops, how many counter clockwise do I turn back to restore factory setting?

If I choose to flush these two screw to the edge to even the tips, how many clockwise do I turn in to restore factory settings? I see so many tutors saying one thing and another, I just don't know which is right for my truck. Please someone advise me so I could operate my truck and start to enjoy as a beginner in the RC nitro hobby. Thanks
As far as I know there's no set adjustments

If its blowing smoke when you start it and its idling it's too rich on the LSN

Ditto with the HSN when you rev it

Screw the idle screw in a bit so it idles when you do get it started and adjust from there

Sorry I can't be more help but thats the way I do it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts