• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended gear ratios

enostic

I have both a DR and Chimera and would like to get a little more acceleration (similar to the chimera) out of it. I just don't want to get something too high or not high enough. Any advise would be great

Phill

I run 25/35 with a 29cc 4 bolt Zenoah

Spins the wheels on take off and accelerates hard

I tried the reverse (35/25) and it was too high - burning clutch and slow take off.

I'll get around to trying 29/31 one of these days

enostic

Thanks for the info Phill!! Any recommendations on where to purchase?

TheCount

Mine had 29/31 & it was good for general bashing until i stripped the gears. now it runs 25/35 & no gear cover to reduce heat stress. It's good for sand with 4 sand paddles on it.

Phill

I run the pin type gears

The thinner gears seem to dissipate heat better

BertR

Phill said:
I run 25/35 with a 29cc 4 bolt ZenoahSpins the wheels on take off and accelerates hard

I tried the reverse (35/25) and it was too high - burning clutch and slow take off.

I'll get around to trying 29/31 one of these days
I built A home ported full mod with awicked modified Dom into a side pipe with 4 inches added and running 35,25,26,24 in that order on bow- ties and have to feather the throttle just to keep it straight. At about 30 the pipe kicks in and its gone lol. You may be able to get away with a taller gear if you run a smaller tire to help take offs if you have the power. I will try to get a video up soon on this gearing so you can get an idea .

BertR

I also failed to mention that this is on a xb so it would be easier to move it due to a large differentce in weight of a DR..none the less its fun as hell.

BertR

Nice video Count... You definitely have some torque that you can play with! Poor grass just got beat down by a 4wd ass kicker lol.

TheCount

Thanks guys, I'm playing with different belt setups. I want to make it as easy as pos to change it up with out having to machine to much out of the pulleys & a spring loaded tensioner. I know belt drives are old news. But i'm not completely sold on the need for a 2 speed yet.

TheCount

rcgasser said:
May I ask why you are not sold on the 2 speed yet?????
For 1, the cost of shipping to Australia & 2 I want to see how the durability holds up with some of the bigger hp motors you guys are using.( 7hp for eg)

I'm coming to the US in late September on my honeymoon. I may buy 1 or 2 then if they are still reliable.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they are weak, they look extremely well engineered, but the shipping & waiting time for spares might not make it worth it for us Aussies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts