• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Recommended gear ratios

Rampage mt

Just wondering what the best gear set up would be for what I'm running,find my mt has more bottom end power then it needs haha,I'm running the ddm Dom 990 modified carb and 8k clutch also where the best place toget gears from is thanks

G

Your A & B gears are 25-35 you can go up to 27-33 or even 29-31.

G

Yes if you are running the huge MT tires.

Don't get me wrong, it won't be horribly slow off the line, just say'n it is noticeable. It will have more top speed.

The better compromise is 27-33 but they are hard to find. Redcat doesn't have them, so you have to use the MCD gears. They are expensive in the metal version.

Rampage mt

Yea I been looking for the 27-33 but haven't came across them,I'll probably go 29/31 just for the ease of getting them and someday I will be getting an obr motor probably the 5.5 hp prostock.thanks for your help!

Ildy666

I hear u on that.that's why i went belt drive for the different ratios and convience of swapping pulleys to change ratios.but still waiting on 2 speed..hehe...

Turbocrazy23

Hey where do I get gears from ? I wanna make maxumim power low down!

Oh ok,I found them anyway....and holy cow they aren't cheap
Where did u find the gears

Yes if you are running the huge MT tires.

Don't get me wrong, it won't be horribly slow off the line, just say'n it is noticeable. It will have more top speed.

The better compromise is 27-33 but they are hard to find. Redcat doesn't have them, so you have to use the MCD gears. They are expensive in the metal version.
From where I need more power low down

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.