• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Receiver lipo question

Jzo6etr

Just picked up an xt,and as you all know the nimh batt that's included isn't very powerful,I have a 2s 5000mah 40c lipo and was wanting to know if it would be safe to use as my receiver pack ? Didn't know if the amperage would be to much for the receiver,steering servo and t/b servo. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Deluge

The RX can probably handle it, a few members have run the stock RX with a lipo and it worked fine. Not too sure about the servos, though.

Jzo6etr

Ya that's really what my concern is,the servos. The receiver can handle 9v input but not sure on the servo's

Jzo6etr

Just talke to tech at redcat and there saying only 6v for both servos,guess its time to upgrade to high voltage,cause both stock servos aren't very good.

Jzo6etr

I literally have to drive a quarter mile to get this thing to make a full circle,it's awful. Lol

rampagemt

If that becomes loose your servo will turn with no weight but when you put it on the ground it will just sit there . Good luck let me know the outcome

Jzo6etr

rampagemt said:
If that becomes loose your servo will turn with no weight but when you put it on the ground it will just sit there . Good luck let me know the outcome
Yep it was almost all the way loose,tightened her up and much better,I heard the stock servo wasn't that great but I didn't think it would be that bad,glad it was just an adjustment,now I need to order my clutch springs and find a tuned pipe at a decent price,really wanting the CPI pipe but don't have $180 to drop on that at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts