• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rebuild a pull starter?

Vantic

I have an xb and the pull starter wasn't engaging the flywheel, I opened it up to find the "teeth" where rounded they look to be nylon or plastic. Is it possible to replace just that part or assembly? For now I squared up the tooth with a hacksaw blade, but that will not last.

If not I was looking at DDM and didn't find the engine part number in the list of engines their pull starter was compatible with. What engine part number should I look for when looking at parts on that (or any other) site?

Thanks for the help

Vantic

Deluge

The pawl is replaceable. You can get them in metal or plastic. Either will work, but obviously metal would be more durable.

DDM Metal Starter Pawl for Zenoah / CY Engines

Zenoah White RC Starter Pawl

Basically any part for a CY, or a Zenoah engine between 23cc and 30cc will work. Cylinders, pistons and cranks are determined by the size of the engine, but parts like coils, carbs, pull starts, etc, are pretty much universal.

Here's a vid that covers taking apart a pull start:

[ame]

[/ame]

Deluge

Also, here's a CY/Zenoah engine parts diagram with part numbers you can find on DDM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online