• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear spool

Marc101885

So with winter time coming along and snow and ice has anyone thought about running a spool style diff in the rear for a little extra traction. I've yet to have this truck in more than 3 inches or really wet sticky snow, but im thinking about traction issues. Anybody who has run these things in some real snow let me know how it ran, i don't want to be pulling the truck out of the snow every five minute. While im on the traction thought i saw a thread on another sight, don't remember which one where they put studs in the baja 5b tires and ran it on ice, i might have to get another set of tires to do that and run it on the lakes when they freeze up. By the way, i backyard bash not racing or anything and this is the mt.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I won't be able to advise you on that, I moved to Texas over 10 years ago to get away from sow and Ice, you all have fun though freezing your nads off to run your truck. LOL

Marc101885

For the radio/battery box i mounted the battery outside with velcro and straps and then used rtv to seal the box and around the wires. But servo wise i havent done anything to them yet, i have the stock steering servo and a skyion throttle servo. It doesn't seem to throw to much up near the servos with the body on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts