• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear gearbox

k.jensen

I'm starting to have housing faliours aswell, but mine is where the bearings on the differential is sitting, the plastic melts away when the small bearings explode.

redcat got to understand this: use BIGGER bearings

Ol' fart

7075rc

I'm planing to make gearboxes after I'm done with the new C-hubs. I'm about a week away from finishing them. I can use the same oversize bearings that I use on all my stuff. I could leave a little extra room inside so you could shim the gears for zero backlash. Are there any other features that you'all would like in the gearboxes?

my79cutty

quick change could be pretty cool and a way to fit better diff joint cups.

k.jensen

Ol said:
I'm planing to make gearboxes after I'm done with the new C-hubs. I'm about a week away from finishing them. I can use the same oversize bearings that I use on all my stuff. I could leave a little extra room inside so you could shim the gears for zero backlash. Are there any other features that you'all would like in the gearboxes?
sounds good Ol'fart, course I was starting to wonder if the carson/smartech gearboxes would fit, they look very much alike and they also fit the carson dirt attack that is a copy of the xb-e. and those are made of alloy. I would say that the use of oversize bearings is the only and most whanted change for me besides the matterial

LightForce

LightForce said:
Ok this is for those who have multiple failures with rear gearbox , which keeps on blowing up.I used baja 5b rear hub carrier cut it and dremel it a bit.

Yesterday I ran 3 tanks thru the buggy mostly racing and it did held up fine, usually it`s gone within 1 tank.

Maybe 7075RC can do this part of AL. before we get V2 gearbox hopefully.
Update - today it exploded again 4 tanks thru it with plastic support.

I know that TT diff. housing will last way longer but is hard to fit , so either wait for V2 housing if they will make one or keep on adding AL parts and probably end up with TT weight sooner or later.

krebidoux

well i'm not going to say that mines all good so far cause the last time i said i didn't have any problems with bearings my bears blew. wait.....i just said something......oh no i better go look now.lol

Raily

Ol said:
oversize bearings and option to fit better diff cups. I'm in my 2nd diff case and 3rd diff cup :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts