• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear drive shaft loose at center diff., set screw came out

Mikeruss22

Hello everyone,

I finally got my first 1/5 scale RC, a Rampage XT. I have been wanting one for several years. I flooded the engine on my first start up attempt, but I have since figured out the way to start it (I hope). But the one thing i did not do that i should have is check all bolts and loctite. i wanted to get it going and did not check them. Now i have to put the center diff drive shaft set screw back in, I was able to find it somehow. Any ideas on the easiest way to do this? seems like I may have to take engine out to get to it, have not really looked too close yet but it looks like I will have to take alot out to get to it.

Thanks,

Mike

Mikeruss22

thanks, yes I got one from Lowes. Was able to make the repair. I should have checked all the bolts and stuff before running. I ended up breaking the bit off in the rear screw not sure how I will ever get it out lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts