• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear differential housing

BertR

As we all know your products are top notch bullet proof but have you ever had a rear housing come back due to failure. I'm sure the answer is no...I can blow a stock rear housing in a matter of a few tanks in RWD in the sand.I plan to make a purchase from you soon If they are up to the task of failure free durability.

Silent_chaos

This is the difference between the 7075T6 (used by Doug) and 6061T6 used by Redcat:

http://www.makeitfrom.com/compare-materials/?A=6061-T6-Aluminum&B=7075-T6-Aluminum

I ran my rampage a lot with the Doug's material. They're tough as hell and will not break. (note that it can't get any better than this, if you want tougher than Aluminum you have to go Titanium)

Hormann Racing cars do titanium for their trucks (costs a lot and are for pure racing). See this interesting thread: http://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=15741

the stock plastic is a joke. broke it 2 times in less than 2 tanks.

I advise you to get the 7075 chassis as well. you'll be getting full package.

also, one interesting use for 7075 is in the manufacture of M16 rifles for the American military. In particular high quality M16 rifle lower and upper receivers as well as extension tubes are typically made from 7075-T6 alloy. Desert Tactical Arms and French armament company PGM use it for their precision rifles.

who the hell doesn't want his truck to shoot M16 bullets :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

I have not heard of one fail yet. The problem with the plastic one's is when a bearing fails it get hot and melts the plastic.

BertR

The plastic one's have cost me dearly in the rear lol. I had spent enough money on them in the last 2 years to buy 2 complete sets of 7075rc. I will never buy a plastic one ever again! So needless to say I will be placing a order for a rear case from you soon. It will be nice to have a pice of mind knowing I am in good shape when ever I fire it up.

crazyfast

So saving the ring/pinion from slipping/stripping is all in the diff. housing then? Assuming the aluminum just holds everything tighter together? :confused:

I'm now running 2wd with an 8k clutch and stripped my gears out in less than 10 min. Stock diff housing looks just fine :confused:

BertR

The inner boss gets soft from the bearing overheating and the pinion lifts away from the ring gear and presto tooth chatter...the aluminum won't do it and Ol fart uses larger bearing that keep the heat down.

crazyfast

Well stripping out gears in under 10min..... Not sure if that'd be a heat issue?

Been running the same diff. for months now without issue. Previous owner already changed out the lube. As soon as I convert to 2wd they go...

I desperately want a fix for this, so before I go dropping $105, I want to ensure this is the fix lol

BertR

I battle this issue constantly when I run 2wd and a lot of ruts in the sand...chassis flex is also a contributed too..I have a pipe that hangs all the weight on the rear of the chassis so I'm modding it to a mid chassis side pipe to see if this helps my rear flex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts