• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear diff rebuild part numbers?

Redcat79

Hey guys I just signed up, but have lurked here for about 1.5 years. I figured it was time to sign up ask questions and hopefully contribute something useful.

I have a Rampage XB-E that I bought new off of eBay back in early 2012. I had great fun with it right out of the box, but then I found this forum and the mod bug bit me.

My rear diff went out of me last summer and I just never got around to fixing it. I'd like to rebuild it now, but I am not sure exactly what the part numbers are I should be ordering. Can anyone help me out with that?

In the mean time, here is a rundown of the hop-ups I've done to it:

* Leopard 1340KV Brushless Motor

* Hobbywing 150AMP ESC

*7075RC-T6 Aluminum Front Steering Knuckles

*7075RC-T6 Aluminum Motor Mount

*7075RC-T6 Aluminum Chassis Mount

*7075RC-T6 Aluminum Rear Bearing Holders

*T-Bone racing front bumper

*Spektrum DX3 Radio

*Full Force Shock Covers

I think that bout covers it. Thanks for the replies in advance guys.

G

Have you tore it down yet?

Do you just need the outer case, or gears and diff case?

Redcat79

I haven't torn it down yet. I was just thinking it was the gears that had gone bad. The front still pulls great, but the rear doesn't turn under power anymore. It does spin freely though.

Redcat79

Ildy666 said:
Welcome to the forum...
Thanks! I might add a Chimera to my list of RCs soon. A buddy of mine got one for Christmas he has never started or messed with because of the weather. He mentioned wanting to sell today. If I get a good deal on it I'll have another money pit to play with haha.

G

Redcat79 said:
I haven't torn it down yet. I was just thinking it was the gears that had gone bad. The front still pulls great, but the rear doesn't turn under power anymore. It does spin freely though.
That sounds like a loose set screw on a drive cup.

The diffs are pretty strong. If you don't see any physical damage, it is most likely fine.

Knuckles

I agree....

RCDAD said:
That sounds like a loose set screw on a drive cup.The diffs are pretty strong. If you don't see any physical damage, it is most likely fine.
Check and thread lock the set screws, I had the same problem a liitle after I

started running it.

Redcat79

RCDAD said:
That sounds like a loose set screw on a drive cup.The diffs are pretty strong. If you don't see any physical damage, it is most likely fine.
Damn! This was the issue. The set screw fell out. It is fixed and ready to go again. I can't believe I didn't notice this.

Knuckles said:
Sorry, welcome to the forum...
Thanks!

Redcat79

On a side note. I just picked up a brand new never ran Chimera SR for $500.00 off my buddy. He got it for Christmas and says he's already lost interest haha.

Came with a few upgrades to, I just need to install them. I'm excited for this snow to go away so I can break it in!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts