• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear aluminum hub carriers

Jpitts87

Hello everyone, I tore my MT down this weekend and rebuilt the front and rear with all aluminum Components. Front is all back together and I have the back 3/4 of the way done, the problem I’m having is I popped the rear inner and outter hub bearings out, but they do not pop back into the aluminum carriers? Do they need to be pressed in? Or are the hub carriers machined wrong? It’s on both sides, inner and outer. I wouldn’t think they would have to be pressed in since the front isn’t, but I could be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
@Jpitts87 the bearing should just pop right in. Could be the hub carrier itself is off a bit. Maybe not hurt to try another set of ball bearings, especially if they are stock bearings.

I'd recommend FastEddyBearings if you go with a new set.

G-Man

Mine went right in too. But maybe try putting the bearings into the freezer for an hour or so to shrink them then hurry up installing them into the hubs

Strait jacket

@Jpitts87 the bearing should just pop right in. Could be the hub carrier itself is off a bit. Maybe not hurt to try another set of ball bearings, especially if they are stock bearings.

I'd recommend FastEddyBearings if you go with a new set.
I had no problem replacing mine. They went right in.

Must be the carriers. I replaced mine with aluminum ones also. Had no problem with bearings. Check to see if they might have a small burr in it. Tiny flaw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts