• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rc4wd 40 series tires

audiobranz

Does anyone know if they would fit the stock redcat my rims or Baja 5b wheels

BertR

Ice_2k said:
I just picked up a set of these, mounted on baja 5b rears. Can't say much else about them as I haven't mount them on the car yet. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?p=160028
Your lucky to get your hands on those tires because they were discontinued about 2 years ago.. A former member mounted a set of 40 series mud slingers on rovan rear buggy wheels that had the 23mm hex that he put on a yetti xl. He told me they are a bitch to work onto the wheel but do fit. Like Rob said they may not last long on these rigs but would look cool as a shelf Queen. I was tempted to go this route but orders a set of Imex swamp dogs and save myself from the costly waist of cash.

Ice_2k

I'm not too worried about duration, I do 95% on my running on tarmac and use tarmac busters and slicks there. I just picked these up for the rare ocasions I take it offroad, to replace the stock fronts which I really don't like. They don't seem to belong on a 4wd car.

BertR

Ice_2k said:
I'm not too worried about duration, I do 95% on my running on tarmac and use tarmac busters and slicks there. I just picked these up for the rare ocasions I take it offroad, to replace the stock fronts which I really don't like. They don't seem to belong on a 4wd car.
Yeah I never understood why they put those front tires on a 4wd vehicle.. Kinda useless on traction IMO.

Ice_2k

Yeah, I sort of figured that. The really disappointing thing is that they ignored the fact that the front wheels have a larger diameter than the rear ones. Combining that with a locked center diff is not the greatest of ideas.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Yeah, I sort of figured that. The really disappointing thing is that they ignored the fact that the front wheels have a larger diameter than the rear ones. Combining that with a locked center diff is not the greatest of ideas.
I use fronts front and rear and don't have any complaints about em

I have a set of adaptors and will change when I wear these out just to get a better selection of tyres

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts