• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rat Dune Runner

Chief409

Latest picture of the "Photo Buggy". With the unfinished pipe perhaps it should be "Rat Runner". :D Current power is a OBR 30.5 Prostock with a VRC Big Bore pipe and 8k clutch. The Prostock will become a 7.5hp Full Mod Zenoah 30.5cc 4 Bolt LOSI Engine - Billet Crankcase via a upgrade.

Hopefully the MT/Dunerunner driveline will handle the crazy power! :rolleyes:

2013-05-25200219-1.jpg

G

It's gonna be quick..

Chief409

It gets going for sure! Since I shot this video there was about a week of 50+MPH winds which blew all the sand somewhere east of here. Now my backyard track is marbles on hardpan. :(

But, next week we're headed to the lake, and some good dirt, I might even be able to use paddles!

rampagemt

Very nice dune runner you have there. Hope everything holds up to the new powerplant

Chief409

rampagemt said:
Very nice dune runner you have there. Hope everything holds up to the new powerplant
X2! I haven't noticed any undue wear of the cups, or anything else with the Prostock, so...

Only thing I have noticed is the rear drive shaft rubbed on the bottom of the Zenoah engine, creating a groove in the case. The engine and clutch line up correctly, so the Zenoah case must be thicker then the stock one. When I drop the engine off at OBR I'll point this out so they can put a groove in the billet case to clear the drive shaft.

ocy9

kinda off topic but doesn't anyone else in the house complain when you bring your car inside? mine stinks the entire house up with petrol, even when the tank is empty. :confused:

ocy9

laxbro19 said:
You guys are lucky. My family won't even let me bring them in the house. They have to stay in the barn or garage.
haha, you're not alone.

whenever i need to work on my car, i usually wait until everyone goes to sleep and then sneak it into the basement. :D

Sergio

Yes sir my wife keeps kicking me out for the smell i left my Mt inside my truck but im afraid someone will steal it and my xb is inside cause i havent put fuel in it yet.

Chief409

Sergio said:
Yes sir my wife keeps kicking me out for the smell i left my Mt inside my truck but im afraid someone will steal it and my xb is inside cause i havent put fuel in it yet.
To keep the fuel smell down, I leave the tank cap off for a couple hours with the buggy on the back porch sitting in the sun.

Worrying about someone stealing a buggy, yeah, I lost a GPS from my truck last year. The alarm went off, but by the time I got out of bed and out the door, they were gone. Other people have lost buggy's when the garage was broken into.

Best thing is "Out of sight, out of mind."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts