• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ramtech or 7075rc wheel adapters???

Petrolheadz100

'm looking to see what wheel adapters are best for the Redcat Chimera as far as quality. It's either Ram Tech engineering or 7075rc. Other people say that the ram Tech engineering and on their website it says it to that there is a half inch offset on these adapters. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but the 7075rc adapters some people say fit much better and are of better quality. Can anyone give feedback on using either one of these

Wayne

'm looking to see what wheel adapters are best for the Redcat Chimera as far as quality. It's either Ram Tech engineering or 7075rc. Other people say that the ram Tech engineering and on their website it says it to that there is a half inch offset on these adapters. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but the 7075rc adapters some people say fit much better and are of better quality. Can anyone give feedback on using either one of these
I have both. The ram Tech will give your vehicle a slightly larger/wider wheel spread which may make it a little more stable when making a high speed turn. The ram Tech quality is ok, they slide over the axle and are secured with a grub screw. The 7075rc adapters screw onto the axle and then are also secured with grub screws. The 7075rc adapters most definitely have a better and more secure method of attaching to the axel. I can't say one is better quality than the other but the 7075rc adapters axle connection design is superior to that of the Ram Tech and better to handle the torque that these vehicles put out. I call also say I have used both for several years and have not really had a problem with either, you will need to monitor the connection to axle with the Ram Tech more closely.

Petrolheadz100

I have both. The ram Tech will give your vehicle a slightly larger/wider wheel spread which may make it a little more stable when making a high speed turn. The ram Tech quality is ok, they slide over the axle and are secured with a grub screw. The 7075rc adapters screw onto the axle and then are also secured with grub screws. The 7075rc adapters most definitely have a better and more secure method of attaching to the axel. I can't say one is better quality than the other but the 7075rc adapters axle connection design is superior to that of the Ram Tech and better to handle the torque that these vehicles put out. I call also say I have used both for several years and have not really had a problem with either, you will need to monitor the connection to axle with the Ram Tech more closely.
Thanks buddy for the feedback, yes it seems by online reviews that 7075 are a better more secure fit like you mention only problem is they are never in stock...i can imagine that soon i will have to start checking my drive cups to see when ita ti e to replace those too from the torque and dogbone slamming against the dogbones....aill definately order those when they are in stock. Mainly because i want to run slightly larger wheels for of road and grass, been noticing the wheels on the chimera are much smaller than the dbxl wheels and that little bit of clearance will reduce drag on the chassis in grassy off road areas i run....the dbxl i believe use a 7.5 inch wheel compare to these 6 inch

Wayne

Thanks buddy for the feedback, yes it seems by online reviews that 7075 are a better more secure fit like you mention only problem is they are never in stock...i can imagine that soon i will have to start checking my drive cups to see when ita ti e to replace those too from the torque and dogbone slamming against the dogbones....aill definately order those when they are in stock. Mainly because i want to run slightly larger wheels for of road and grass, been noticing the wheels on the chimera are much smaller than the dbxl wheels and that little bit of clearance will reduce drag on the chassis in grassy off road areas i run....the dbxl i believe use a 7.5 inch wheel compare to these 6 inch
I truly believe the 7075rc parts are the best available for the Rampage X series vehicle and have all the parts he sells on two of my vehicles. I recommend if you are looking for a part that he sells, get it from him. If they are not available, try emailing him on his web site and/or send him a message on this web site. His drive cups and dog bones are reinforced with a stainless steel sleeve which definitely improves the part and increases the strength. You can get a piece of cooper tubing from you local hardware store and make a sleeve for the factory parts also. It is easy to do and if you search this site you should be able to find detail instructions on how. I did it but I am not sure of the size pipe you need. It is simple though, use a pipe cutter or hack saw to cut the pipe and press it on to the drive cup. With a pipe cutter it is easier get a straight even clean cut. It will have a snug fit and should not slip.

Thwmathue

I got a set of ram-tech adapters for my xb and found that I had to adjust them to fit. The inside diameter was just a few tenths to small. I don't know about the 7075.as I have not tried them.

Petrolheadz100

Yes I also had to send down a little bit of the inner diameter looks like there was glue or something stuck to it that was not letting it slide all the way in. One question when using these adapters for the Chimera do you know if you have to use the grub screws or just the pin and the O-ring. With time I believe this all ring will wear out and snap I'm trying to find out what size they are to have some extras in my box

Thwmathue

I used the grub screws on my xb. I'm not sure about the size I set up a kit of common screw sizes including 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm grub screws. So I'm covered on most everything I need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts