• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ramtech metal gears

rctruckguy

I FINALLY got some time with my Rampage today, it arrive last friday but I was out of town for the whole weekend. Anyways I installed the metal gears on today and I noticed the gear mesh is a little tight is this normal ?

rctruckguy

I did see some metal shaving, like a sandy texture around the gear area when I open the gear cover.

rctruckguy

I have already clean it, but there is some that you can see in this picture.

P1030623.jpg

P1030624.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/P1030623.jpg.59206528f87f29b0a8e0b988d18bdbda.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/P1030624.jpg.a72259710b4111de053995ff14ad51ec.jpg

rctruckguy

I did notice that there is not much roll with the truck. I took it to a hill to see if it will roll down by itself but it only roll 2 to 3 feet and stop, it will just slide down. The wheels does not spin all the way just a little nudge from time to time coming from the top of the hill.

RampageHopUps

I talked to the gear guy about the shavings. He wants to bring them back and tumble them in ceramic media and then re-harden them. The shavings are the sharp edges breaking loose, until the gear settles in. I re-called all of them and have a new batch at the heat treater.

MOfroggy

Rob

When do you think the new batch will be available for sale on your site? I am going to buy the new pipe at the same time I buy the gears.

MOfroggy

Haydrick

rctruckguy said:
I have already clean it, but there is some that you can see in this picture.
Sorry slghtly off topic, but I'm looking into getting a Rampage (currently have a baja 5B) - why does it have so many gears? from looking at the picture, there doesn't seem to be a need for 4 sets of gears from the engine?

RampageHopUps

The engine is turning the wrong way. If you can convice CY to change their output, then we could get rid of 2 gears.

Shiny

RampageHopUps said:
The engine is turning the wrong way. If you can convice CY to change their output, then we could get rid of 2 gears.
Easily solved by fitting the engine the other way. I am sure there is another reason than that.

RampageHopUps

Shiny said:
Easily solved by fitting the engine the other way. I am sure there is another reason than that.
Sketch someting up and send it to MCD, FS and Redcat. You will be rewarded handsomely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.