• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage xt gear issue

Madelyj

Banned Users
Hello. I just got my rampage xt and I went outside yesterday to run the second tank. While running it around it decided to stop wanting to move. I let it cool down and took the gear cover off to see if I see an issue. I noticed the bell house spins and the nut that goes through the first gear just spins freely. When I started the truck and hit the gas the bell house moves but the gears don't. I was thinking a clutch issue? Not sure. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thanks

Haroldbee

Hello. I just got my rampage xt and I went outside yesterday to run the second tank. While running it around it decided to stop wanting to move. I let it cool down and took the gear cover off to see if I see an issue. I noticed the bell house spins and the nut that goes through the first gear just spins freely. When I started the truck and hit the gas the bell house moves but the gears don't. I was thinking a clutch issue? Not sure. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thanks
First things first: check to see if the set screws on that nut that goes through that first gear is loose, or missing. Tighten it, if it's there. Replace it if it's missing. Check all of the set screws in your transmission for that matter.

Madelyj

Banned Users
thank you for replying. i just got done messing with my truck and i found that the drive nut behind the first gear wasn't gripping. i put some Loctite on the set screws and tightened them. must of came loose while running it. i was in the middle of messing with it when i made the post haha. thank you again for replying. i appreciate it. have a great day

Haroldbee

thank you for replying. i just got done messing with my truck and i found that the drive nut behind the first gear wasn't gripping. i put some Loctite on the set screws and tightened them. must of came loose while running it. i was in the middle of messing with it when i made the post haha. thank you again for replying. i appreciate it. have a great day
PEACE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts